mtbr member
    Jan 2004

26er Fly Ti Team EFF Is THAT short?

Seems the 26ers have a very short ETT, at least according to their geo chart. By their listings, I'd take an 18" frame. I usually fit 16-17" frames and a 22.4-22.8 ETT. The 18" is 22.34. But it has an 18" seattube. I remember the Santa Cruz bikes fit this way.

http://www.motobecane.com/26/fti.html#geo

Yet, their suggested rider size is up to 6" on the 18", 5'6" on the 16. But the 16" ETT is under 22". Huh?

Can you folks with 16" and 18" measure your true ETTs for me, on your built bikes? Thanks.
    Last edited by myitch; 12-25-2010 at 09:48 PM.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'm sure its a nice bike, but I could never ride one. Even in XL its way too short for me and I am only 6'1". By contrast, I ride a Ti Fly 29er in size L...which has a much longer top tube than the XL 26" Fly.
    In my opinion, Moto has probably lost a lot of sales for this bike because the geometry is so weird. Not all 26" hardtails are short industry wide. Trek nails the geometry and fits me perfectly in a size Large and the 26" Ti Fly isn't even close in the XL.
    By contrast, the Ti Fly 29er has more conventional sizing cloned from Gary Fisher which no doubt is more universally appreciated.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Having a short ETT is one of the reason i bought this bike. I'm 5'5' with 29 inseam and fairly short reach. This set-up actually fits me perfectly. I use a size 14' frame and according to Moto's chart the ETT is 20.56" but my actual measurement is 20.5" give or take a hair so they are pretty spot on. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wow, you're about 1.5" shorter than I but with the same inseam, yet you're comfortable on a 20.5 ETT. If i were riding that, my knees would be hitting the stem nearly.

I cant believe how short these TT's are!! Shucks, too bad or I'd buy one.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    yup moto's ett are short just like lynskey's. their size m/l which is a 17 has a 22.25 ett according to their website.