mtbr member

2012 Fantom frames

I was getting emails from BD and I saw the new frames on the Fantoms. They look alot better than the previous versions.....may order the orange frame when they come available @ bike island!!! The HT to TT/DT junction had obviously been reworked.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yeah, lots of new hydroformed tubing. BUT the already very long chain stays have grown even longer, from 17.8 to 18.1 inches. At 17.8 they were the tied for the longest of any hardtail in my extensive spreadsheet of 29er geometry. 18.1 is huge.

So Fantom owners, I ask you, did you ever find yourself wanting longer chain stays. While I would love to ride them to know for surr what it actually feels like, that's not possoble so I definitely find myself even further into the Gravity 29er camp unless the reviews of the new frame are just amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY View Post
    Screw the search function... you're new, ask the question(s). If anyone gets thier undies in a bunch it's thier problem.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Is there any feedback on the new frames compared to the 2011's weight/feel etc.? Didn't end up buying one with 2011 sales on facebook yesterday because the new frames look nicer.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrad View Post
    Is there any feedback on the new frames compared to the 2011's weight/feel etc.? Didn't end up buying one with 2011 sales on facebook yesterday because the new frames look nicer.
    They do indeed look nicer, more modern for sure. Since they just came out I would think it will be a while before we see any real world reviews though. All I know is out in the 29er forum all you read is "need shortet chain stays" and Moto already had the longest ones out there and now they got longer. Will be anxiously awaiting some reviews though.
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY View Post
    Screw the search function... you're new, ask the question(s). If anyone gets thier undies in a bunch it's thier problem.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Any idea when motobecane.com will update their 2012 bike lineup