Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38

    13" Fantom 29 to small?

    Aright BD only has them in 13" I'm 5'10" inseam 30" reach 70" I have a Bmx background so I'm comfortable on small frames. After reviewing the geometry of these bikes it looks like a 15.5" would be the biggest I could go do to my inseam but the 13" gives me 2-3" of clearance over the TT. so im just looking for some opinions on if this frame is to small or if you ride a small frame and think its great lmk. pics of anyone with a 13" would be great as well. thanks


    FANTOM 29ER HYDROFORMED AL FRAME GEOMETRY

    Center to Center Length 13 15.5
    Seat tube 13 15.5
    Effective Top Tube 22.9 23
    Top Tube 22.1 22.4
    Standover Height 28 31

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    191
    At 5-10 you should be right between a M and L or a 17-19 in frame.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by threebikes View Post
    At 5-10 you should be right between a M and L or a 17-19 in frame.
    This, unless you have incredibly short arms or something.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    63
    I bought my GF a 13" Fantom 29er a couple weeks ago (she is 5'0" tall). I have been riding it around on the streets a bit, and I can tell that the top tube is too short for me and I'm only 5'7' tall. I'm sure that you would feel extra cramped on it at 5'10"

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Vittetoe761 View Post
    I bought my GF a 13" Fantom 29er a couple weeks ago (she is 5'0" tall). I have been riding it around on the streets a bit, and I can tell that the top tube is too short for me and I'm only 5'7' tall. I'm sure that you would feel extra cramped on it at 5'10"
    Do you have any pictures of the 13" 29er? I'm looking to buy the Pro SL for my wife (she's also 5'0") and am curious about the handling for such a small frame 29er.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    63

    Re: 13" Fantom 29 to small?

    Here ya go!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 13" Fantom 29 to small?-uploadfromtaptalk1375794340473.jpg  


  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    627
    Do you know the weight of it? have you changed anything out? I'm looking at getting the pro sl for the wife. It appears to be an incredible deal. Do you know the weight of the bike you got? Do you know which specific "Fantom 29" you got?

    Is there just one set of water bottle mounts?

  8. #8
    I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Reputation: Zachariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,318
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughtime View Post
    Do you know the weight of it? have you changed anything out? I'm looking at getting the pro sl for the wife. It appears to be an incredible deal. Do you know the weight of the bike you got? Do you know which specific "Fantom 29" you got?

    Is there just one set of water bottle mounts?
    Fantom 29 Comp in small, is roughly about 25lbs.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    627
    thanks for the reply.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    63

    Re: 13" Fantom 29 to small?

    I bought the "Comp" model. It's been a while, but I think it weighed in around 29-30 lbs on my bathroom scale. I bought a used Reba for it and that dropped a couple pounds...the xc28 is a turd of a fork. I'm not a weight weenie and don't have a nice scale, so take these weights with a grain of salt.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    627
    thanks. i'm not trying break any records, but am trying to get a reba on it so that'd save some weight. i know the other model rock shox are at least 1lb heavier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vittetoe761 View Post
    I bought the "Comp" model. It's been a while, but I think it weighed in around 29-30 lbs on my bathroom scale. I bought a used Reba for it and that dropped a couple pounds...the xc28 is a turd of a fork. I'm not a weight weenie and don't have a nice scale, so take these weights with a grain of salt.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

  12. #12
    I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Reputation: Zachariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,318
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughtime View Post
    thanks for the reply.
    Yeah, the one we weighed had a RS Reba RL fork on it. Stock is more like 27.5lbs...
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •