mtbr member
    May 2008

??08 Motobecane Fantom Team??

I guess the Bikes Direct is sold out of the Motobecane Fantom Team in the medium frame size?? That is extreemly frustrating to me because I ordered a Fantom team a week ago and e-mail Bikes Direct about shipping information. They replied saying it wouldn't ship until June 25th which is what I expected. They also asked me if I could wait that long or if I wanted my money back. I told them "I possibly would want my money back" but wanted to know about their potential stock levels. They just sent me an e-mail saying they refunded my money. WTF!! The money has yet to hit my accout. When I e-mailed them and said I didn't want my money back and still wanted the bike they said that they couldn't reverse the transaction and that I would just need to order again. Well since the money hasn't hit my account yet I obviously haven't been able to order again and they are now sold out (from what it seems on the web site). Once again WTF!! There is obviously not any sort of customer service with bikes direct and their employees obviously don't really read the e-mails to closely or check for clarification on things. It is incredibly frustrating and definitely a black mark on bikesdirect.

Anyway, does anyone know if the medium Fantom Teams are really sold out? I question whether I should do business with the company I described above but the bike is a really good deal.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    An update for anyone interested. Motobecane is sold out of the 18" frames. When expressed how ridiculous the situation was and asked if there was anyway they could get me a bike because I would still have one on order if it wasn't for there error they said they could not. They basically said I was SOL. They say they answer every e-mail. I know first had that is not true because I sent them multiple e-mails about this situation and they only answered one of them.

Considering the situation I looked up IBEX. Found a great deal on a bike, very comprobably to Bikes Direct except I don't think IBEX will screw me. I ordered it, and it has already shipped, it should be here to Salt Lake by Wensday. GO IBEX!!

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbfeind
    ...I looked up IBEX. Found a great deal on a bike, very comprobably to Bikes Direct except I don't think IBEX will screw me. I ordered it, and it has already shipped, it should be here to Salt Lake by Wensday. GO IBEX!!
    Great, I'm sure your gonna love your new bike. I don't think BD screwed you, you dithered, they didn't want any hassles with paypal saying they were taking money without shipping product. They gave you your money to paypal right away, paypal takes forever. Now, "screwed" would be they tell you your money or bike is coming, it never shows and you are out your cash and forced to attempt an out-of-state collection. Don't ask just how I know what "screwed" really is.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    You are right. It would be worse if they just took my money and never gave me anything for it. I just expected a little recourse because the whole thing was THEIR mistake not mine. I am excited for my IBEX

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbfeind
    ...I just expected a little recourse because the whole thing was THEIR mistake not mine. I am excited for my IBEX
    Don't under estimate how bad paypal sucks for a big operation like BD. A couple loose complaints, paypal shuts 'em down and investigates, BD can't sell bikes for a week...sucks you had to wait, esp now that the weather is good. Everthing for a reason?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Yeah, the Fantom Team wouldn't have shipped until June 25th whereas I should have the IBEX by June 4th. Paypal does suck, I totally agree. If I ever attempt to buy something from BD again I don't think I am going to use paypal