Thread: Zirkel !!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Zirkel !!

got n buildup my Zirkel a week back, would like to post some info(useful i hope) for those(me included) looking at Zirkel but cant seems to find info anywhere.

1st off, i dun own enough bikes or clock enough rides so this is NOT a review.. juz a personal impression of the bike. a little history of me: came off a Stumpy, Blur LT, EX8, Lynskey ridgeline 26LT. rides mostly forested single track areas w loads of roots, minimal climbs/descent.

this bike is not light! sorry i dun weight my stuffs, but w a similar build it is the same or abt
    slightly heavier than my previous EX8..could be due to thicker tubing used to counter flex.(34.9 seat clamp for a 27.2 seat.tube!) but then frowning on the weight would be missing the point of a Zirkel.. completely.

there is no 'jackrabbit' style of acceleration from the start/go.. instead it lets u build up ur speed slowly(in my case) and most importantly steadily. nothing seems to stand in ur way of speed. in this aspect it seems to perform brilliantly, sections where i used to stop pedalling to trade speed for control, now i juz pedal thru as if the roots are not there! infact now my pedal time is 80% vs 60%..

before i had worried abt pedalling efficiency, whether it is affected by pedal bob, how well it climbs etc.. but now dat i had spend some time on it, not sure if it is the BoostValve shock or the rear sus design or the Ti frame, everything juz seems to click together to form an Amazing package. one dat allows me to enjoy the trails more than ever.

its like spending years in a Japanese sedan and then u go drive a continental sedan.. not dat Japanese dun make good cars, its juz conti cars can offer so much more..

despite the high price n long wait, as a fellow forumer replied me, its WORTH it!!

Cons - not light,
    Pros - how everything work together!

this is my 1st long post n sorry if it sounds bias.. like i said its juz a personal impression.. n so far i ve loved it!

cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zirkel !!-1111-015.jpg  

Zirkel !!-1111-012b.jpg  

Last edited by bobo731; 06-01-2010 at 07:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Really nice Ride man!

This is gonna be a NOOB/Dumb question, but what are the limitations of the Zirkel? I am looking at the Moots and since they quit making the Cinco, I was looking at the Zirkel. Just wondering if I should go with the Zirkel or a Hardtail Moots.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Really nice Ride man!

This is gonna be a NOOB/Dumb question, but what are the limitations of the Zirkel? I am looking at the Moots and since they quit making the Cinco, I was looking at the Zirkel. Just wondering if I should go with the Zirkel or a Hardtail Moots.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    If you were thinking Cinco I can tell you it is an awesome ride. It was turned out to pasture but will be replaced by the Divide (26er) and Divide MX (29er). You may want to check it out when Moots updates their catalog. Not to dissuade you from thinking Zirkel because that it an awesome ride as well and is everything bobo said it was. By the way, that is a beautiful beast you built bobo.