mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Would they ever make a MOOTS under $1500??

I'd like to maybe check out a MOOTS some day but right now they are out of my price range. Do you think they would ever make a budget MOOTS bike?

mtbr member
    They used to make an AL version of the Smoothie, they were POS, not up to the Moots name. I would doubt they would do it again. Look into e-bay for deals on used frames, lots listed and not many moving. Used Ti rides as good as new.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by VicDirt
    I'd like to maybe check out a MOOTS some day but right now they are out of my price range. Do you think they would ever make a budget MOOTS bike?
    imho these guys are pretty busy, sales are fine. probably there is no valid reason to engage in the lower price range market.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Budget and MOOTS don't go togehter in my opinion. Building a lesser quality, budget frame would be a poor decision on the part of MOOTS. There are great deal on used frames out ther, try that route.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Take a look at Dean

Dean makes a very nice Ti frame for the money. The Scout is a bargain, and the Colonel is very close to Moots quality for less money. Not quite the company Moots represents, however their welds and ride quality is top notch.