mtbr member
    May 2006

Thoughts on buying used moots

Hello all,

I have been a long time admirer of all things Moots, unfortunately I cannot seem to justify/come up with the disposable income to buy a new Moots frame.

I have stumbled upon a 2003 RigorMootis in my size and am wondering what everyone's thoughts are on buying used. I cannot see the frame in person but from the detailed pics it looks to be in great shape.

Anything I should look out for with the Rigormootis frame? Does TI experience fade over time - ie. get flexy after years of riding? Was there any problems with the 2003 Rigormootis frames I should be aware of?

IS there anyway to check the serial number with Moots to ensure build year and authenticity?

Cheers all

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Ti will not get flexy over time, my '99 YBB rides as good now as the day I brought it home.

Call Moots with the serial # they can check out it's birthday for you. 970.879.1676

The only thing you may not get with an '03 is current decals and a headbadge, both can be retrofitted. Moots can even refurbish this frame to like new condition for a small charge.

Lastly disposible income should not be used to get a Moots, it's an investment and should be traeted as such, take money from a 401k fund and get out on a Moots.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I concur with the above. Ti frames last ages and Moots have always made really well put together examples. Unless there is a crack or huge gouge in the frame if it fits your budget go for it.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    sure, if you heart is set on a Moots for whatever reason, and you cant afford or dont want to spend the coin on a new one then it makes perfect sense (same applies to most other Ti frames)

Ride, Sleep, Work
    Buy it!!! YOu will really like the way it rides. I have had mine for 8 years and the ride is just as nice as the first day.
    Click to save 15% off your 1st Hammer nutrition order
    http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/50110