mtbr member
    Jan 2004

thinking about a Mooto-X 29 Slider....

i have been a die-hard IndyFab fan for many years (and before that Fat City Yo Eddy)....

being in Durango the other week for SSWC09, had me thinking about a new single speed. while i always thought my next dream bike would be an IF Ti Deluxe.... i've been talking to a shop which carries both IF and Moots.... and is telling me to take a hard look at the Moots.

So.... anyone here that has had both? i've always been on New England geometry steel.... f

from reading the threads around here, i doubt i could go wrong with either... but just thought i'd ask!

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by onehotchili
    i have been a die-hard IndyFab fan for many years (and before that Fat City Yo Eddy)....

being in Durango the other week for SSWC09, had me thinking about a new single speed. while i always thought my next dream bike would be an IF Ti Deluxe.... i've been talking to a shop which carries both IF and Moots.... and is telling me to take a hard look at the Moots.

So.... anyone here that has had both? i've always been on New England geometry steel.... f

from reading the threads around here, i doubt i could go wrong with either... but just thought i'd ask!
    Were you looking at my MOOTS MOOTO-X 29 in Durango? If not, you missed a chance to stare it all up and down.

WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky
    Were you looking at my MOOTS MOOTO-X 29 in Durango? If not, you missed a chance to stare it all up and down.

hmmm.... i recall climbing passing someone on a bike wearing a pink jersey and a bike w/ pink hubs, was that you?!?! this was on one of the short steep climbs on the back side loop. i was on a IndyFab what was yellow and red flames...

in any case, how did you like your Moots on that course? just curious....

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by onehotchili
    hmmm.... i recall climbing passing someone on a bike wearing a pink jersey and a bike w/ pink hubs, was that you?!?! this was on one of the short steep climbs on the back side loop. i was on a IndyFab what was yellow and red flames...

in any case, how did you like your Moots on that course? just curious....
    Probably, I died a thousand deaths that day. I remember very little from the second loop other than asking people for water and mixing it up with Greg Herbold for 579th place (or something like that).

I like my MOOTS everywhere I go, but I am a bit biased. I had a great time up on the ridge before I totally came unglued though....
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

1izalluneed
    Sep 2004
    I have become somewhat infatuated with my Mooto X Rigid. I really don't want to ride anything else. I have it set up with the sliders for SS only. I have a stock size (19) and it fits like a race fit jersey would if I were race fit.

As you know, the build quality of a Moots is fantastic and the ride is as smooth as a silk chamois. My local trails are very east coast; rocky and rooty with short, steep up hills and kidney shaking downhills. Not ideal for a rigid SS, but the Moots loves it and performs very well on this type of terrain and every type of trail I have ridden it on. The IF is a nice bike as well, I have never owned one but can speak highly for the Moots and the Moots Congregation.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Dicky, Good to see you back in Colorado, Didn't you learn your lession from the BrekEpic? You need gears here! LOL. Enjoyed the ride with Jon when you came to SBoat, come back next summer and we'll show you more great trails. Are you planning for a return to BrekEpic?

Ps I've got the Gristle-YBB and love the 29f26r combo, I have the sliders to go SS but I firmly belive that Tulio had it right when he put a gear changer on his bike.

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by sbsbiker
    Dicky, Good to see you back in Colorado, Didn't you learn your lession from the BrekEpic? You need gears here! LOL. Enjoyed the ride with Jon when you came to SBoat, come back next summer and we'll show you more great trails. Are you planning for a return to BrekEpic?

Ps I've got the Gristle-YBB and love the 29f26r combo, I have the sliders to go SS but I firmly belive that Tulio had it right when he put a gear changer on his bike.
    No Breck Epic for me next year.
    I gots other plans.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM