mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Size help please for 26er Rigormootis

Hi there,

Just wondered if those who know MOOTS can help. For their respective sizing, do MOOTS come out on the large or small size? I'm 6"1' and am thinking that a 20" is going to be the right size? Any help appreciated.

Also should I really be getting a YBB, rather than a Rigor? Does the 1/18 make a large difference to trail chatter?

Any advice appreciated........

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I'm 5' 10" and ride a 19" (29er) YBB. Some would think that sounds big, but look at MOOTS ETT specs. The top tubes run smaller than most others'. Size your frame off the ETT and you should be fine. YBB vs. Rigor? Can't say. I've never been on a rigor. You can lock out the YBB if you decide it's not your thing.
    Good Luck

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Before dropping on a frame, i would fins a dealer that could get you onto a demo. I'm 5'11'' and ride a 19", but it's hard to say what size you would ride without knowing if you are a leggy person or more a torso person. I would reccommend the YBB it's lockable, but you will find that once you get used to the travel, you'll like it. The rigor is a bit lighter.

Ride, Sleep, Work
    I am 5'8" & I ride a 18. I would say go with the ETT and that should lead you to the right frame size. All that said I would go for the 20. The Rigor is a nice ride. I have been putting mine through its paces for 8 years.
    Click to save 15% off your 1st Hammer nutrition order
    http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/50110