View Poll Results: Should I keep the black/grey color scheme or add some red?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep everything black/grey

5 45.45%
  • Add some red (hubs, headset, bore caps)

6 54.55%
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Should I add some color or not?

Not much going on here in the Moots section, but this should be something that everyone will have an opinion on. I've ordered a YBB. Overall color sheme will be black/grey. I will have a black stem, seatpost, crankset, and probably rims and fork. Should I stick with the black/grey scheme, or should I add some color. I'm considering a red headset, hubs, and bore caps. What do you think? Do you like Moots with color or not?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I could have gone either way on mine. I took the color plunge (red) and it looks great. But would have looked great just grey and black. I ended up doing headset, hubs, skewers, bottom bracket and post clamp.

The Casual Rider
    click on the "my bike" in my signature and see how I did my color touches.. I was torn as to whether to do the hub in read, but erred on the side of caution and went black, otherwise a bit of red really makes it look good.
    I came, I rode, and I crashed!
    My Bike

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Well I had to make my decision. I decided to keep it grey and black. The main reason I decided not to do the red items is because my last two ti bikes ( Moots Rigormootis and a Serotta road bike) had red accents. I decided that this one should be different.

I am also changing from silver wheels to black. I had Crossmax SL's on my last Moots. This time I'm going with black Stans Olympic 347rims and black King hubs. Headset will also be King in black. I think it will have a nice, classic look. Of course I'll still have some color here and there. The Stans rims have red decals, and my Race face bars have red logos. My Fox fork has some blue accents.

Now all I have to do is wait a few more weeks! I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas!

Grams Light Bikes
    I think that blue accents go well, but gray and black go well also.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Blue looks nice, especially with the Fox fork!