• 05-05-2006
    francois
    Roll Call! Show us your Moots please.
    Post photos and spec. How does it fit your riding style?
  • 05-06-2006
    MTBDad
    1 Attachment(s)
    My Smoothie
    2004 Smoothie Ti w/ PUSH'd RP3 - 19"
    PUSH'd Fox Float RLC - 100mm
    CK Ti Headset
    Moots Laid Back Seatpost
    Moots Ti Beam Stem
    Moots 25x5 Flat Bar
    Control Tech Carbon Barends
    CK ISO / DT Swiss Super Comp / Mavic 819 UST Wheels
    Phil Wood Ti BB
    RF Next Cranks
    Action-Tec / Boone Chainrings (29x42)
    X.0 Shifters Grip-Shift (f) - X.0 Trigger (r)
    X.0 RD / XTR FD
    XTR Cassette (11-34)
    Magura Marta Brakes
    Crank Bros Candy Pedals
    Hutch Spider UST Tires 2.3 (f) / 2.1 (r)
    ODI Lock-On Rogue Grips
    WTB Laser V Ti Saddle
    Hope Quick Release

    This frame is a work of art. Like all Moots, the welds are perfect. Bike handles like an absolute dream and is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden. Looking for a new project for next year and leaning toward a Cinco to add to the stable. I know the all Ti Moots F/S bike has gone the way of the dodo with the launch of the Zirkel, an absolute shame in my mind. I have a couple of things on order to add. A Boone Ti 40-tooth outer chainring, LOVE the 2x9 set-up. Also switching to a medium cage RD so I have an '06 X.0 carbon cage RD on the way. The Carbon barends listed above were added after the above photo, waiting for the other new bits to retake.
  • 05-06-2006
    Pay Here
    MTBDad, That is by far one SWEEEEEEEET peace of Ti..Congrat on an Awesome build..

    Jake Pay, Love that Ride Here..
  • 05-08-2006
    DudeDah
    Cinco detail
    Here is a detail photo of my Cinco, the only portion I care about at the moment. Enjoy.

    <img src="http://www.b-dzyn.com/pics/ouch.jpg" alt="" border="0">
  • 05-08-2006
    sgltrak
    2 Attachment(s)
    1997 YBB Superlight
    CODA Magic Motorcycle cranks
    DT/HUGI hubs w/ Mavic skewers
    Mavic 517 Rims
    Avid Ti v-brakes and levers
    Easton Carbon seatpost
    Scott AT-2LF thermoplastic bars
    Avocet O2 ti seat
    Manitou Skareb
    Panaracer Smoke tires front and rear (no longer using Conti Vert Pros in pic)
    XTR derailleurs
    8 speed xt cassette
    8 speed xt shifters

    FIts my riding style just fine: XC riding with lots of climbing, technical climbs, swoopy descents
  • 05-08-2006
    CE750
    My Cinco... (Great to FINALLY have our own home here!)..

    Most up to date pics here: http://homepage.mac.com/sjsamaha/PhotoAlbum39.html

    Moots Cinco Ti frame with Ventana rear triangle
    Fox Float 32 RLC front shocks
    Fox Float RP3 rear shock
    Wipperman Connex 911 Stainless Chain
    Boone Ti Chainrings (on order)
    2006 XO rear derailleur / XTR front
    Industry Nine Enduro Hub & Spokes
    DT Swiss 5.1 rim
    Hutchinson Python Tubeless Tires
    XTR Crank M960
    '06 SRAM XO Trigger Shifters
    Hope M6 & M4 disc brakes w/Red Calipers 205 / 180
    Hope Skewers (red)
    Hope Bar ends (red)
    Thomson Elite Stem
    Moots Seat post
    WTB Devo Saddle
    Eaton MonkeyLite XC bar
    Chris King Ti headset

    http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL146.../145359333.jpg
    http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL146.../145359343.jpg
    http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL146.../145359337.jpg
    http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL146.../145359335.jpg
    http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL146.../145359332.jpg
    http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL146.../139496455.jpg
    http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL146.../132909543.jpg
    http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL146.../132829167.jpg
    http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL146.../129765633.jpg
  • 05-09-2006
    zms325i
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sgltrak
    1997 YBB Superlight
    CODA Magic Motorcycle cranks
    DT/HUGI hubs w/ Mavic skewers
    Mavic 517 Rims
    Avid Ti v-brakes and levers
    Easton Carbon seatpost
    Scott AT-2LF thermoplastic bars
    Avocet O2 ti seat
    Manitou Skareb
    Panaracer Smoke tires front and rear (no longer using Conti Vert Pros in pic)
    XTR derailleurs
    8 speed xt cassette
    8 speed xt shifters

    FIts my riding style just fine: XC riding with lots of climbing, technical climbs, swoopy descents

    I think you passed by me going up horsetooth on monday evening. I was coming down. Sweet bike!!!!
  • 05-09-2006
    sgltrak
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by zms325i
    I think you passed by me going up horsetooth on monday evening. I was coming down. Sweet bike!!!!

    Thanks, but my bike was in the workstand Monday getting some maintenance. My friend Matt said it was probably him that passed you up there. His YBB is running SRAM and disc brakes.
  • 05-10-2006
    poff
    1 Attachment(s)
    Some SS
  • 05-10-2006
    francois
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CE750
    My Cinco... (Great to FINALLY have our own home here!)..

    Most up to date pics here: http://homepage.mac.com/sjsamaha/PhotoAlbum39.html

    Moots Cinco Ti frame with Ventana rear triangle
    Fox Float 32 RLC front shocks
    Fox Float RP3 rear shock
    Wipperman Connex 911 Stainless Chain
    Boone Ti Chainrings (on order)
    2006 XO rear derailleur / XTR front
    Industry Nine Enduro Hub & Spokes
    DT Swiss 5.1 rim
    Hutchinson Python Tubeless Tires
    XTR Crank M960
    '06 SRAM XO Trigger Shifters
    Hope M6 & M4 disc brakes w/Red Calipers 205 / 180
    Hope Skewers (red)
    Hope Bar ends (red)
    Thomson Elite Stem
    Moots Seat post
    WTB Devo Saddle
    Eaton MonkeyLite XC bar
    Chris King Ti headset

    This is one of the finest bikes I've ever seen! And I've been going to Interbike for 7 years!!

    Great planning and execution. How's the ride?

    francois
  • 05-11-2006
    ErrantGorgon
    I hope you ride that thing.
  • 05-25-2006
    Whafe
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CE750
    My Cinco... (Great to FINALLY have our own home here!)..

    Most up to date pics here: http://homepage.mac.com/sjsamaha/PhotoAlbum39.html

    Moots Cinco Ti frame with Ventana rear triangle
    Fox Float 32 RLC front shocks
    Fox Float RP3 rear shock
    Wipperman Connex 911 Stainless Chain
    Boone Ti Chainrings (on order)
    2006 XO rear derailleur / XTR front
    Industry Nine Enduro Hub & Spokes
    DT Swiss 5.1 rim
    Hutchinson Python Tubeless Tires
    XTR Crank M960
    '06 SRAM XO Trigger Shifters
    Hope M6 & M4 disc brakes w/Red Calipers 205 / 180
    Hope Skewers (red)
    Hope Bar ends (red)
    Thomson Elite Stem
    Moots Seat post
    WTB Devo Saddle
    Eaton MonkeyLite XC bar
    Chris King Ti headset

    Hi ya CE, you know my thoughts on your bike, STUNNING.............. I have a set of Enduro Inustry Nine wheels on order, how are you finding them, apart from looks, which we know are bling bling.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • 05-25-2006
    CE750
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Whafe
    Hi ya CE, you know my thoughts on your bike, STUNNING.............. I have a set of Enduro Inustry Nine wheels on order, how are you finding them, apart from looks, which we know are bling bling.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

    Thanks dude... I've not ridden in the past two weeks! :madman: due to the heat out here, and my being lazy, and I'm going thru widthdrawls.. gotta make a road trip to the mountains soon!

    As for the I9's... they are the stiffest wheel I've ever ridden, and the sounds is like nothing else I've herd.. it just has that "Quality Bearing" sound.. what can I say, they've exceeded my expectations! AND I've yet to use one of my spare spokes! I doubt I ever will.. :thumbsup:
  • 05-25-2006
    Whafe
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CE750
    Thanks dude... I've not ridden in the past two weeks! :madman: due to the heat out here, and my being lazy, and I'm going thru widthdrawls.. gotta make a road trip to the mountains soon!

    As for the I9's... they are the stiffest wheel I've ever ridden, and the sounds is like nothing else I've herd.. it just has that "Quality Bearing" sound.. what can I say, they've exceeded my expectations! AND I've yet to use one of my spare spokes! I doubt I ever will.. :thumbsup:

    Hi there

    great to hear re the wheelset. My CK Hubs sound like Uzzi´s where as my Hadleys sound like gatttling guns. Where do the I9´s fit?

    Yes two weeks no riding, would bring on the withdrawls.

    Will let you know my thoughts on the wheels. Am building up a Ti carbon bike. Starting with a Titus Ti ExoGrid frame.... Check out the frame. http://titusti.com
  • 05-25-2006
    CE750
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Whafe
    Hi there

    great to hear re the wheelset. My CK Hubs sound like Uzzi´s where as my Hadleys sound like gatttling guns. Where do the I9´s fit?

    Yes two weeks no riding, would bring on the withdrawls.

    Will let you know my thoughts on the wheels. Am building up a Ti carbon bike. Starting with a Titus Ti ExoGrid frame.... Check out the frame. http://titusti.com

    I know titus well, they're not far from where I live..

    The I9's will go great with that bike!
  • 05-25-2006
    Whafe
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CE750
    I know titus well, they're not far from where I live..

    The I9's will go great with that bike!

    All good, am heading to the US of A 12 June to pick it up, only as far as Ca though, so not out your way. Have fingers crossed the I9 wheels will be reaady, thye think they will be, but not 100% sure.
  • 06-28-2006
    HOser
    3 Attachment(s)
    I've got a 2003 Moots YBB. My preference is for endurance riding, and it suits me perfectly. Light and climbs great, but just a hint of give in the back to take the edge off, I love it. Here's how she is built:

    Moots stem, handlebar, and layback post
    Moots signature Serfas saddle
    XTR drivetrain
    Rockshox SID Team
    XTR v-brakes
    Crossmax SL wheels (Crossmax XL for training)
    Ergon grips (not pictured)
    Bontrager Revolt Super X tubeless ready tires (not pictured)

    Edit: Just wanted to add, my YBB and I survived our first endurance race, the Firecracker 50 in Breckenridge. My YBB did great, and I saw two other YBBs out on the course, one ridden by a woman.. I'm completely happy with my YBB, it suits me perfectly for long distance riding.
  • 07-30-2006
    jfkbike2
    2 Attachment(s)
    Mooto X w/ rohloff
    29er Mooto X with S&S couplers and Rohloff.
  • 07-30-2006
    Whafe
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jfkbike2
    29er Mooto X with S&S couplers and Rohloff.

    looks sweet of what we can see, can you post a full bike shot....

    Great ride....Enjoy
  • 08-01-2006
    mootsgearhead
    3 Attachment(s)
    The Dream Machine
    Ever since I built this bike it's never treated me wrong. I take great pride in
    owning this art. It's made me a better rider and a better person(in my mind).
    In short I will own this bike until I die, that's how much I enjoy it.
  • 08-02-2006
    HUGH
    Moots Mooto-X with slider dropouts(SS only). Frame to my specs.
    Moots Ti stem
    Moots Ti seat post
    Moots Ti (28") flat bars.... Dont ask you can't get one!
    Moots seat post clamp/with Ti bolt
    King Ti Watter bottle cage/with Alu. bolts
    Chris King head set. Pink with the Ti crown race and Alu. stem cap bolt.
    Wheels were built by me. Pink King ISO front/Pink King SS disc rear . Black Sapim CX-Ray spokes. Pink alu. nipples. Salsa Delgado rims. Maxxis feather weight 26er tubes. Maxxis Ignitor tires.
    Ti bolt on front and rear skewers
    Magura Marta SL brakes/with Ti and aluminum bolts
    WTB foam grips
    Pace carbon fork
    White Industries ENO cranks
    FSA crank bolts
    Phil wood bottom bracket
    Shimano 959 pedals
    Boon Ti front chain ring (32t)
    Boon Ti rear cog (20t)
    Wipperman Ti chain
    Selle Itallia Ti SLR
    http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...1&d=1151366381
    http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...1&d=1151366405
    http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...1&d=1151366422
    http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...1&d=1151396489
    All but the down tube stickers have been removed. Looks way cleaner!!

    HUGH
    :)
  • 08-02-2006
    DudeDah
    HUGH, that's the best looking Moots I have ever seen!

    GORgeous.
  • 08-11-2006
    P Fradale
    2 Attachment(s)
  • 08-19-2006
    atler
    that singlespeed may be the prettiest bike i've ever seen.
  • 08-28-2006
    Soloracer
    2 Attachment(s)
    Here is mine
    Rohloff
    Moots Riser Bars/stem/seatpost
    and oh yeah fat wheels