mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Rides likes a Cinco?

I am looking to replace my Cinco with something a little more all mountain ( and a little less coin). My Cinco is awsomely plush (pushed front and rear) and just floats through the cross country but it is real tippy on the steeps due to the steep head angle.

I would like to replace it with something just as cross country but something that will take steeps a bit better.

What could be a good option?

Yeti 575?

Titus FTM?

Ibis Mojo? (more $$ though)

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I've been fortunate enough to ride a Cinco (15+miles of So. Cali. Singletrack). It is a sweet frame, but I agree with you that the HA is way steep.

Can't say enough good things about my Titus. Price is right, and whether you get a new FTM, or go with a Motolite, both are excellent decisions. The company has a storied history but with their current owners, things are looking real good for the brand.

The 69.5 HA, in addition to the Horst Link really makes their bikes ride super nice in the steeps.

My vote, go FTM or a used Motolite.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I've ridden a motolite that a fellow rider has and I thought it felt like riding a huffy. It was night and day from my moots. Maybe it was his setup. It's the only one I've been on but I wasn't impressed with his.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

setup

Had to be his setup. The MTBR reviews generally don't lie. Not a single guy has ever penned the Motolite a "Huffy."

So many 4-bar bikes sold today ride just the same as the Motolite from years past. Frame design isn't the most aesthetic but with the right components and fork, the bike can do most anything.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have had a Ti Smoothie (3" travel), YBB SL, and now ride a YBB cross country.

I also have a 2010 Mojo, and just upgraded to a Mojo HD as well (selling my Mojo 'cause it's repetitive).

If I had to narrow it down and chose one bike, it would certainly be the carbon Mojo. Truly, you can't go wrong with a Mojo. Flat out, it does everything well, and puts a smile on your face. And it's sexy to boot! I am in Western Colorado if you would like to take it on a ride! Feel free to PM

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    The mojo is appealing but I have never ridden one. I'm 5'7" so the medium seems to my size according to the specs on the frame.

What size fork would you suggest?