mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Refinished Smoothie tab and gusset pron

I sent my Smoothie back to the mothership to have a disc tab tacked on the rear stay and a refinish. It arrived back with not only the disc tab but two hose guides on the left hand stay, an extra brace across the chainstays, a strengthening gusset on drive side stay and new hardware on all the pivots. Nice!

Big thanks to Kassi and Moots for making the whole process so easy and doing a really slick job on my frame.

While I'm sure it's possible to get other builders to tack on a tab would they do it with such panache?

Last edited by Haworth; 07-20-2009 at 03:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hi , is that a smoothie or which model is that?

Did you have to send the whole frame to moots?

How much did it cost and how long did it take ?

Did moots give you the new sticker and buffing of the frame to rid of scratches?

The add-ons looks great!!

Jack

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hi Jack,

It's a Smoothie.

I sent the whole frame back because I was having the full frame restoration done - all add-ons welded up and then a total refinish of the frame, pivot hardware and new stickers. Looked pretty much factory fresh when it returned. What isn't shown in the pictures are all the little cable guides for the disc brake hose that were also welded on - the attention to detail was really nice.

It cost $425 plus shipping and the turn around time was about 4 weeks.