mtbr member

Questions about Psychlo-X

Hi guys, I ask for some questions to Moots, but don't have response. Can anybody help me?

I am in love with this bike (Psychlo-X), please, can you answer some qestions?

1.- What is the weight for the frame in 53.5 size?
    2.- What is the diameter for all tubes? Are they butted? What is the thickness? Always for 53.5 size.
    3.- What is the wheelbase?
    4.- I am 210 lbs. and 5-10". Is that tubeset OK for me?
    5.- What is the crankarm lenght for don't have toe overlap problems?

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Since no one answered you and it has been like a month since I have read this forum. Here goes. I weigh a tad more than you but ride a 56. It is plenty stiff as far as I am concerned. Mine is a single speed. I wear 47 shoes and have just a touch of overlap. I have overlap on all my bikes track to road to mtb to cross bike and have struck the tire in slow turns, but never think of it as a problem. I would guess your smaller size might increase your overlap.
    I think all the tubes are straight tubes when they are born but the top tube is shaped a bit at the ends by Moots..
    I ride 175 cranks.
    The nice thing about all Ti frames in cross is they look pretty good all beat up as no paint to scratch. Hope that helps

mtbr member
    Thanks Thom.

I think that a short cramset can help with toe overlap.

mtbr member
    netanimic,

Sorry for the delay in response. Forgot password and had to jump through the hoops.

1--53.5 cm frame size is 3.25 pounds.
    2--tubing diameters: TT=1 3/8'' DT= 1.5'' ST= 1 1/4'' CS= 7/8'', SS=3/4''
    all tubing is straight gauge, we don't give out the thickness....gotta have some secrets.
    3--wheelbase= 1009.2mm
    4--At 5'10'' I would say the 53.5cm is too small for you. Please have a very good shop do a proper fit on you. I'd say you are more like the 55cm at the smallest, and then we use a 1.5'' top tube as well.
    5--toe overlap....with a 172.5 or 175 you should have little if any toe over lap.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jon@Moots

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CXDADDY
    netanimic,

Sorry for the delay in response. Forgot password and had to jump through the hoops.

1--53.5 cm frame size is 3.25 pounds.
    2--tubing diameters: TT=1 3/8'' DT= 1.5'' ST= 1 1/4'' CS= 7/8'', SS=3/4''
    all tubing is straight gauge, we don't give out the thickness....gotta have some secrets.
    3--wheelbase= 1009.2mm
    4--At 5'10'' I would say the 53.5cm is too small for you. Please have a very good shop do a proper fit on you. I'd say you are more like the 55cm at the smallest, and then we use a 1.5'' top tube as well.
    5--toe overlap....with a 172.5 or 175 you should have little if any toe over lap.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jon@Moots
    Thanks Jon,

I am using a Salsa la Cruz size 51 with efective TT 555 mm. I supose that a Psychlo-X size 55 can be better for solve toe overlap with 170 crankset. What do you think? My foot number is 11.

And about Psychlo-X size 55: weight? wheelbase?

I am happy because I am not too fat for the bike!!!!

Unicycles are for clowns
    Feb 2005

It may fit

I am 5'10" (maybe a hair under) and I have the 53.5cm Psychlo X - I was professionally fit on it as well and it is set up for racing at the Elite level. The top tube is more important (at 55cm) then the stand over. My Psychlo X is setup with 172.5mm cranks, Alpha Q fork (with 47mm rake) and a 90mm stem - short stem! - but the top tube is the key - you may be different if you have a long upperbody and/or arms. I mentioned the fork rake above as that will help with toe overlap as well - I wear size 9.5/10 shoes and if the cranks are level I can brush the toe of my shoe, but it has never been a problem during a race or ride on the trails or fireroads. Certain tires are taller and may contribute more to toe overlap as well. As mentioned above, be sure to get a good fit, it makes all the difference in the world. For other comparisons I ride a 54cm (non-compact) Cannondale road bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by netanimic
    Thanks Jon,

I am using a Salsa la Cruz size 51 with efective TT 555 mm. I supose that a Psychlo-X size 55 can be better for solve toe overlap with 170 crankset. What do you think? My foot number is 11.

And about Psychlo-X size 55: weight? wheelbase?

I am happy because I am not too fat for the bike!!!!
    Netanimic,

You could very well fit on the 53.5...but like I said, get a good fit done. Wheelbase on the 55 will run about 5-6 more mm. Weight is about the same as the 53.5cm...

Let me know how it goes!

thanks,

Jon@Moots

mtbr member
    Thanks Kuna and Jon for the info.

I think that I need test both: 53,5 and 55 before buy my new frame.