mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Question for Moots 19.5" owners

I have a question for Moots owners with frame sizes of 19.5". The question is does your levers hit the TT, like if the bike was in a crash and the bars twisted. Would your levers hit the frame? Mine does and I'm worried that in the case of a crash my levers will damage the frame and mess up my levers.

ybbeaten
    Quote Originally Posted by C & D's Dad
    I have a question for Moots owners with frame sizes of 19.5". The question is does your levers hit the TT, like if the bike was in a crash and the bars twisted. Would your levers hit the frame? Mine does and I'm worried that in the case of a crash my levers will damage the frame and mess up my levers.
    Don't crash... I ride an equivilent to a 20" MX YBB and mine hit. I think it would depend on your stack up front as well. Try wrapping an innertube around the location on your TT where you think it will hit if you crash.
    Ride to work and work to ride

mtbr member
    I doubt that the frame would be damaged. The levers are more fragile.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the suggestions. It's just when you spend so much on a frame you would hate to damage it.

Grams Light Bikes
    It is more dependent on the stack height of your headset and/or the type of handlebars you are using then the frame size.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I ended up installing a set of Easton XC riser bars, Also ran the levers in on the brakes. This seemed to do the trick.

Ride, Sleep, Work
    To the OP. I did an old motocross trick, don't tighten your levers so tight. You want them tight enough that they do not move when you pull them, but not so tight that if you crash & hit your TT that they do not move. If you crash and you levers hit your TT you can just give you levers a good rap and they go back into place. I have had my Moots for 7 years adn have always ran my levers this way with ZERO problems.
    Click to save 15% off your 1st Hammer nutrition order
    http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/50110

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelW
    To the OP. I did an old motocross trick, don't tighten your levers so tight. You want them tight enough that they do not move when you pull them, but not so tight that if you crash & hit your TT that they do not move. If you crash and you levers hit your TT you can just give you levers a good rap and they go back into place. I have had my Moots for 7 years adn have always ran my levers this way with ZERO problems.

good tip, thanks