mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Online Bike shops

What online bike shop would you recommend to buy a complete Moots bike shipped to you? My closest Moots dealer can't or won't come within $500 of the prices online and that's not including the tax savings. The dealer seams to have a knowledgeable group of guys working there but I'm not spending an extra $800-$900 just for that.

Thanks for the help.

AAron

mtbr member
    Buy from your Local Bike Shop, build a reputation with them, they need to make money and their profits will stay in your community. If you have the money for a boutique brand like Moots, $500 shouldn't be a problem.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Its not my LBS its the closest Moots dealer, and like an 1h away so i wouldn't be building a relationship with them. If you buy a motorcycle you should pay sticker price because you can afford it and its local?

mtbr member
    Yes, and you could save lots of extra money by getting a crappy Ti bike from China. I loathe people that want a high performance hand made bike but don't want to pay the craftsmen, and retailers tht sell them. Moots choses is local dealers based on experence, and customer service, going online undermines their dealer network, and opens the door for bad sizing, poor service, and a unhappy customer. Don't complain when you don't get any customer service from your online dealer, or have problems that an online daler just shrugs off as not their problem cause you are just another name on a list, and not a person. Good luck saving $500 on your $7500 bike.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Sorry, OP - getting a Moots online cheap, isn't gonna happen...unless you buy used. And used, they sell for a premium; as many pre-owned Moots frames are "babied" and the market prices, are still quite high.

I've owned Chinese ti, Merlin, Moots, Lynskey and seven bikes before. Out of all those - the Lynskey and seven were the only ones that were "worth" the money, simply because of impeccable construction, near-perfect geometry with the ride feeling more "alive."
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    My buddy purchased a Moots from Wrench Science and was happy with the experience and they have a 10% discount sale and free shipping going on right now.
    Woody