Thread: New Mooto-X YBB

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

New Mooto-X YBB

I took delivery of a Mooto-X YBB in the end of July. Stock frame, though I must compliment Moots on helping me select between frame sizes since I was right between sizes. Their customer service has been excellent. Fox fork, full XTR kit. It's been a number of years since I owned a mtn bike and I've admired Moots from afar for many years. It's been worth the wait ( about 7 weeks including the long July 4 weekend).

I know my riding skills haven't improved dramatically so it must be the lighter bike: it's like flying along in a jet. Very light, responsive, climbs well, don't even know the YBB is there. The guys that built it were lustful to say the least. People on the trail don't even notice it AFAIKT. My first 29er and I must say that it does all the things people "hype" it about: rolls over rocks, roots and obtacles; once you get it going it really moves! Cannot appreciate any agility loss with bigger wheels.

I got mine from Sid's Bikes in NYC (the 19th St shop), which involved a bit of a commute from the 'burbs but it was worth it. Chris, Jay and the rest of the gang were simply superb to do business with. They even loaned me a 29r test bike (not a Moots )one weekend to see if I liked the big wheel thing. I can't compliment them enough.

Here's a couple of pix. The only downside: it's very reflective and the lighting has to be perfect for great pix without reflections. Small price to pay
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    more pics please
    "You can become a very fast donkey, but you'll never be a thoroughbred..."

Ride, Sleep, Work
    SWEEEEEEEEt

I know I like nothing more than seeing a Moots in action, esspecially if it's me riding mine.
    Click to save 15% off your 1st Hammer nutrition order
    http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/50110

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Size?

IS THAT a 20" frame?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

... and if we just ... new moots

Great looking steed, nice to see someone else has the blue parts. Is the seatpostQR a hope one?

incognito