mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Need info on a Moots Re-finish or new decals...

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the cost of a new refinish by moots and the cost of adding some disc tabs...or is it possible to provide serial # and just get a new set of contemporary decals and apply them myself?

Thought I'd ask here before tugging on Moots' ear.

Thanks, I appreciate any ideas or knowledge.

mtbr member
    I think a refinish job is $400. A new sticker kit is $30.00 plus $2.00 for Shipping.

I just replaced a downtube sticker on my XZ-29er and it was a snap. You can remove the decal with GooGone. If you have an older Moots, it's going to tale a heat gun or hairdryer to help remove the decal. Clean the area with rubbing alcohol and buff it with a dry (lent free) rag before applying the new decal. Moots will send directions with the new sticker kit.

Call the Mothership at (970)879-1676 or email info@moots.com . Ask for Kassi if you call Moots. She's can fix you up with a sticker and answer your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me the cost of a new refinish by moots and the cost of adding some disc tabs...or is it possible to provide serial # and just get a new set of contemporary decals and apply them myself?

Thought I'd ask here before tugging on Moots' ear.

Thanks, I appreciate any ideas or knowledge.
    refin
    I was in the pain cave and I had dropped the flashlight, so it was pretty dark at that point. I was just hanging on.

Ride, Sleep, Work
    The referb is pricey, but totally worth every penny. It look fresh out of the box, brand new. When yopu get it back it is like gettng a new Moots.

rider
    I managed to pull off a nice refinish on my own. I have a compressor and bought a small sandblaster kit. Basically you can glass bead blast that matte finish right back to factory looking. The bead blast took out the scratches, rub marks, etc. Pretty easy but it makes a mess and of course you need to have the equipment. Decals are a snap.