Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894

    ... and if we just ... My first Moots bike!!!!!

    Have been a Tiaholic for the last 7 years.....Have a decent size bike collection of Ti bikes..All being Titus Ti frames. I happened to be on the hunt for a 29er bike to try and a found a awesome price on a Moots Mooto-X rigid demo bike. Props to speedgoat for answering my questions and providing the bike for sale.

    Frame: Moots Mooto-X rigid 17 inch frame
    Fork: Fox F29
    Crankset: Shimano XTR (960)
    Shifters: SRAM XO
    F Der: Shimano LX........Just realized I have a XT FD lying around.....hmmmmmmm decisions decisions
    R Der: SRAM XO
    Brakes: Hope Mono Mini Pro
    Stem: Ritchey WCS
    Handlebar: Ritchey WCS
    Seatpost: Ritchey WCS
    Saddle: Fizik Gobi
    Wheels: DT 240S laced to Salsa Delgado rims
    Skewers: Hope
    Headset: CK red
    Cassette: Shimano XT
    Chain: SRAM 991
    Tires: Maxxis Ignitors
    Pedals: Shimano 970's

    Weigh w/o pedals: 24.35 lbs
    Gorgeous bike.....Hope to get a ride on it in the next day or 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TiEndo; 08-27-2008 at 08:29 PM.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  2. #2
    Just ride
    Reputation: skim1040's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,049
    Wow dude!

    The bike looks great!! Let us know how she rides!!
    You know what sucks worse than training? Losing.
    You know what sucks worse than losing? Nothing.

    Ride on

  3. #3
    Ride, Sleep, Work
    Reputation: MichaelW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    379
    Super bike I hope that you like it as much as I like mine.
    Click to save 15% off your 1st Hammer nutrition order
    http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/50110

  4. #4
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,705
    Ti is for sissies...

    (Read... I want to be a sissy).
    Check my Site

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,416
    Very nice looking Moots. Careful with the F29- unless you use a CK or Ventana spacer (and it may have one already) the crown can hit the downtube at full turn. The weight is awesome- I can never reach that. Speedgoat treated you well.

    A 19" YBB will be in my hands soon-ish. The wait will be the usual torture but gives me time to figure out the:

    Fork (prob the 20mm Reba)
    Handlebar (I wish I could find a 700mm flattish carbon bar)
    Wheels (prob CK with Bonty or Flows).

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,416
    Ti, any idea what the wheelbase is?

  7. #7
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Ti, any idea what the wheelbase is?

    I'll have to go out and measure it for you, I do know just eyeballing it that it is longer then my Ti El Guapo(medium) which is the longest wheelbase bike I have.

    The Fox 29er fork is no problem.....Speedgoat had placed a CK baseplate on their to prevent any bang ups already.

    Raining like cats and dogs today, wifey wanted to go out to get a new TV so did that today instead of riding.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  8. #8
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Ti is for sissies...

    (Read... I want to be a sissy).
    You still could Just ask.....like I said, I got a spare 4 inch fork to go with the offer
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,416
    Oh, don't worry. I thought you may have found some info on it already. I ask because there are some really short wheelbase 29er (custom) out there and I wanted to see how the Moots compare in general. I found nothing on wheelbase lengths anywhere.

  10. #10
    Not Period Correct
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    37
    very nice!!!

    i have been after a moots myself....

    hopefully soon.

  11. #11
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    It rides very very very nice

    Was worried about too stiff of a rear with the monostay in the back, but this is one very compliant HT.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  12. #12
    FIX IT YOURSELF
    Reputation: spencer the kalmyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    236
    I hope to be posting a thread just like this one soon ...Enjoy that precious little girl
    Eye Am In The Meat !!!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    253
    How would you say it rides in comparison to some of your Titus frames? I am torn between a full suspension bike and a hard tail.

  14. #14
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_Frk
    How would you say it rides in comparison to some of your Titus frames? I am torn between a full suspension bike and a hard tail.

    The geometry is much more relaxed then my Titus's. The steering is slower but that is more likely due to it being 29er wheels. I find the Moots 29er gives me a bit more cush then say my fireline HT, but my RX beats it out. However, I haven't had a chance to take the Mooto out for a long ride yet so it would be intresting to see how riding a bike almost 2.5 lbs lighter would be vs the RX.

    Eleven.(26)....stiff as hell.
    Fireline.(26)...light, balance between stiff and compliant and accelerates like a bat out of hell. Awesome steering and quick handling
    Mooto (29)...light, seem to not be as stiff as the Titus, but I would say this is due to the 29er wheels. More trail oriented geometry then pure XC racer like the Titus's.
    Racer-X (26)....stiff, fast, very fast steering and handling. Instantly 2 lbs heavier then a hardtail whether 26 or 29er.

    Now the steering and handling part may be due more to the 26 vs 29 arguments. First 29er I have ever had or really ridden, so it's gonna be a learning curve for me still.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  15. #15
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,993
    TiE

    Nice looking bike! I've got a buddy with a Moots 29er and he loves it...does occasional 100 milers on it.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  16. #16
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    TiE

    Nice looking bike! I've got a buddy with a Moots 29er and he loves it...does occasional 100 milers on it.

    I absolutely friggin love this bike.......In fact it has become the favorite ride in the whole stable. Funny thing how the cheapest bike I have is the most loved right now.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  17. #17
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,705
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Funny thing how the cheapest bike I have is the most loved right now.
    You mean the Yeti??

    That's gotta be the cheapest...
    Check my Site

  18. #18
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    You mean the Yeti??

    That's gotta be the cheapest...

    LOL.....That's how much I love the Mooto-X, completely forgot about the Yeti
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  19. #19
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,705
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    LOL.....That's how much I love the Mooto-X, completely forgot about the Yeti
    OK.... please give pointers to a complete 29'er noob...

    How do you feel the clown wheels are for average/aggro trailriding??

    Would you think a 4" 29'er can behave equal or better than a 5" bike?? My gut feeling is that suspension can't be replaced with just wheels... that's why off road vehicles (with any number of wheels) have longer travel shocks. But then, I haven't rode a 9'er.

    Those 9er RIP look oh, so sweet. No way on Earth I can spring out for a Moots... Maybe if I still have my two kidneys after my kid ends college.
    Check my Site

  20. #20
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    OK.... please give pointers to a complete 29'er noob...

    How do you feel the clown wheels are for average/aggro trailriding??

    Would you think a 4" 29'er can behave equal or better than a 5" bike?? My gut feeling is that suspension can't be replaced with just wheels... that's why off road vehicles (with any number of wheels) have longer travel shocks. But then, I haven't rode a 9'er.

    Those 9er RIP look oh, so sweet. No way on Earth I can spring out for a Moots... Maybe if I still have my two kidneys after my kid ends college.

    Rolls over things like a big ass monster truck
    Slower to accelerate, but once you get her going you are flying.
    Bit of cush for a HT......kinda like say a suspension seatpost level.
    Longerish wheelbase.....just feels a bit more stable.

    Niners are definatley nice........but I think if I bike into the 29er suspension I might try DW/DT Sultan.......already talked to Chaybo about a scenario like that.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  21. #21
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,993
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    I absolutely friggin love this bike.......In fact it has become the favorite ride in the whole stable. Funny thing how the cheapest bike I have is the most loved right now.
    Sorry TiE, I almost forgot......nice road bike .
    Extreme stationary biker.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,416
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Rolls over things like a big ass monster truck
    Slower to accelerate, but once you get her going you are flying.
    Bit of cush for a HT......kinda like say a suspension seatpost level.
    Longerish wheelbase.....just feels a bit more stable.

    Niners are definatley nice........but I think if I bike into the 29er suspension I might try DW/DT Sultan.......already talked to Chaybo about a scenario like that.
    This is all good to hear since my YBB just arrived. Unfortunately, it is going to be a few weeks till it is ready to roll. Glad to hear you're loving the bike...it was a leap of faith of sorts- for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •