Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

MX Divide

6K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  skibum1 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Be careful of moots they do not stand behind their product. Have a mx divide and have had nothing but trouble. Moots will not fix the problem just keep putting the same crappy chain stay and bolts back on. Butch (president of MOots) says they sell 1100 bikes per year and can't be responsible for all the bikes they sell.

#16 ·
Note for Dw/Moots, next time start a thread about the problems you have had with a title that allowed others that may search for this topic to learn from your experience. *****ing across the whole Moots forum on multiple threads isn't as effective as a new thread, and splits up the discussion of your problem.

#17 ·
sbsbiker thanks for the heads up on the thread. Letting everyone know that moots does not stand by their products is the only effective way to let people know about moots. I also have a Trek Rumblefish, prior to getting the moots. Had the same problems. Decided to buy a moots, heard they were a top notch bike company. Not the case. Trek fixed the problem. Wanted to sell the Trek. But after the first moots breakdown decided to hold off. Had to ride the trek 40% of the time because the moots was always in the shop. Have not broken the Trek once since they fixed the "PROBLEM".

#18 ·
Dear Falta, I can understand the myth about moots, because I thought they were a top notch bike company. Do not take my word contact Butch (president of moots) and ask him why he wants to sell me another moots product and that they should have not sold me the divide. Also have him send all the pictures of the breaks that they request each time the bike breaks.

#19 ·
DWMOOTS,

Perhaps you should just sell the Moots if you are not happy with it? Replacing the parts is fixing the problem. A secondary company designed the suspension not Moots themselves. I bet they will do a re-design at some point as it is a simple single-pivot. To me not fixing he problem is Moots telling you they will not get you the replacement parts needed.

My second thought is are you using the rig for it's intended purpose, xc-marathon, long days in the saddle? Only 4 inches of travel it is not an enduro ripper.

Lastly having ridden the divide I didn't care for it. Hands down one of the most beautiful bikes I have laid my eyes on. But I like carbon and the suspension design didn't tickle my fancy. That said if I could ride a HT they a Moots would be on my short list builders.

#21 ·
DWMOOTS,

Perhaps you should just sell the Moots if you are not happy with it? Replacing the parts is fixing the problem. A secondary company designed the suspension not Moots themselves. I bet they will do a re-design at some point as it is a simple single-pivot. To me not fixing he problem is Moots telling you they will not get you the replacement parts needed.

My second thought is are you using the rig for it's intended purpose, xc-marathon, long days in the saddle? Only 4 inches of travel it is not an enduro ripper.

Lastly having ridden the divide I didn't care for it. Hands down one of the most beautiful bikes I have laid my eyes on. But I like carbon and the suspension design didn't tickle my fancy. That said if I could ride a HT they a Moots would be on my short list builders.
That's very interesting about the design. Butch (president of moots) could use that as another reason not to support his products because they only manufactured the bike and did not design it. Or he could redesign it and "fix the problem". if it is as simple as you say then moots should take care of the problem. I am not an endure ripper. Very mild rider.

#22 ·
Lies Lies Lies, Moots is supporting their products, just not completely redesigning their product for you. Asking for a total redesign of a successful product is not a generally accepted "solve" for a problem that apparently is fairly small(1 out of 1100?). If it was widespread, I think would we at least have a THREAD started about breaking Divides? All we have is a thread hijacking troll that thinks he is doing a public service whining on every thread on MTBR to get the word out. Do you really think that Moots can completely redesign, and rebuild this model just for you?? What kind of money do you think they have to follow up on a complaint from one unreasonable customer? It's not so simple to redesign just the swing arm and expect it to fit and work with your existing bike.

You admit to breaking your last 2 bikes. What's going to happen if you break the Durango bike? Will you come back and flame up MTBR about how you are too big for most suspension bikes, or bash their good name with complaints about poor design and service?

#23 ·
Lies Lies Lies, Moots is supporting their products, just not completely redesigning their product for you. Asking for a total redesign of a successful product is not a generally accepted "solve" for a problem that apparently is fairly small(1 out of 1100?). If it was widespread, I think would we at least have a THREAD started about breaking Divides? All we have is a thread hijacking troll that thinks he is doing a public service whining on every thread on MTBR to get the word out. Do you really think that Moots can completely redesign, and rebuild this model just for you?? What kind of money do you think they have to follow up on a complaint from one unreasonable customer? It's not so simple to redesign just the swing arm and expect it to fit and work with your existing bike.

You admit to breaking your last 2 bikes. What's going to happen if you break the Durango bike? Will you come back and flame up MTBR about how you are too big for most suspension bikes, or bash their good name with complaints about poor design and service?
Dear Angry Moots Lover, everything I have posted is the truth. Call your buddy Butch and if he is the upstanding guy you love so much have him show you all the pictures of the broken moots. Moots does not mind being the most costly bike company. Yes I broke two bikes. One was a Trek Rumblefish. The other was a Walmart Huffy, but they did not have a life time warranty and profess to be a wonderful bike company that took care of their products. Trek replaced the whole frame, I did not ask them. They took it upon themselves. They did not offer to sell me a new frame because they should not have sold me the bike in the first place. Have not broken the Trek since they replaced it. Have not had to deal with angry trek lovers either. Redesigning the swing arm or the whole rear triangle can not be that expensive. In fact the Durango Bike rear triangle has already been redesigned just for me because my big fat troll calves were hitting the rear triangle. It has been suggested that I sell the moots. I think I will keep it and let my troll friends ride it so they can experience having to walk out with a broken bike and ruin a weekend f riding with their other troll friends. It will also remind me to keep an eye on MTBR and let other people know how moots supports their products. Have a nice day ANGRY MOOTS LOVER !!!:madmax: THE TROLL

#25 ·
If you didn't want to deal with an angry Moots lover maybe you should not have flamed up this forum with your whiny BS. Most normal posters will start a new thread, explain their problem and discuss it with other posters, not post on the first 6 threads some parts of the whole story, and leave the forum looking around to learn that 6'6', 250# riders may have problems with the Divide. If you and your one friend want to engage in a flame war that's fine, I've seen much worse in this forum, and your 2 week, 21 post tirade does a disservice to anyone looking into this bike, and may want to hear of these problems. Now when they do a search they would have to look through 6 threads to figure out what problems you encountered, if anyone even digs that deep.

Idiot, if you broke a Huffy, a Trek and a Moots, that's 3 bikes. I was just referring to the Trek, and Moots that you told us about.

Good luck to you and the Durango Bike Co. Really, Good Luck, Durango Bike Co. You will need it with this customer.

#27 ·
If you didn't want to deal with an angry Moots lover maybe you should not have flamed up this forum with your whiny BS. Most normal posters will start a new thread, explain their problem and discuss it with other posters, not post on the first 6 threads some parts of the whole story, and leave the forum looking around to learn that 6'6', 250# riders may have problems with the Divide. If you and your one friend want to engage in a flame war that's fine, I've seen much worse in this forum, and your 2 week, 21 post tirade does a disservice to anyone looking into this bike, and may want to hear of these problems. Now when they do a search they would have to look through 6 threads to figure out what problems you encountered, if anyone even digs that deep.

Idiot, if you broke a Huffy, a Trek and a Moots, that's 3 bikes. I was just referring to the Trek, and Moots that you told us about.

Good luck to you and the Durango Bike Co. Really, Good Luck, Durango Bike Co. You will need it with this customer.
Dear Angry Moots Lover sorry I do not know the process of threads and such but running into you on this thread has given me a reason to get out of bed in my retirement. Please do not be to harsh on my friend. He was once a Happy moots guy. Then he became a frustrated moots guy. Now he has become an Angry moots Hater. You see, he was the only friend who would stay with me while I walked out of the trails after my many breakdowns with the moots. He is also a great bike mechanic. In fact when I was looking for a new bike he suggested a moots. I just think he feels really really guilty because of the lack of support from moots to "FIX THE PROBLEM". He also likes to race bikes just like you. I can understand your love for moots. I bet you do not have to pay for anything being on the moots race team. Maybe if you channeled all this anger you have IDIOT TROLLS you might come in first instead of 6th in your future races. After the next race when you and Butch are having a beer you two can discuss the redesign of the moots. Also the owner of Durango Bike Company knows exactly how much I whine. I ride past his shop all the time. Or should I ride and walk past his shop. He knows exactly what has happened with the moots. I think he agrees with you - the moots mx divide is poorly designed. Have a nice Angry moots LOver I can hardly wait to read you next personal bashing. THE IDIOT TROLL:thumbsup:

#26 ·
Arjuna's Bewilderment (image)...

"...There are three gates to this self-destructive hell: lust, anger, and greed. Renounce these three..." -Krishna to Arjuna (background: Mahabharata - Wikipedia)

How about trying useful information--instead of emotion?

I understand the need to vent, but there are limits. If you're out of control, you may want to consider getting professional help. :thumbsup:

Been a Moots owner since 2008--great company, product and service.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.