mtbr member

Mootseesess Make Over. Anyone have photos of a Moots w/ BLACK stickers?

This is the end of my 7th season on a pair of MootoXs.
    One is SS w/ sliders.
    One is geared.
    The more I ride other bikes... The more I like my Mootsesss.

But- They were getting a bit long in the tooth and something had to give. No way I'd kick down again for a pair of these (at least not anytime soon) so I had to decide to perhaps chop the headtube off and add a 44mm or source one of the last good 1 1/8th forks out there.
    I didn't care about the fat headtube hype but don't like the deadend feeling that comes w/ knowing there are less and less fork options out there.

So- Too much time surfing and talking w/ various builders. There are people who will chop the headtube off and add a 44mm but some aren't overly excited about doing it. But they are out there if you're thinking of it.
    Given that the newer HT would be wider- you don't even lose any top tube length. Or so I'm told.
    But I didn't go that route. Too much $$ and too much hassle. Perhaps in a few years.

I found a pair of forks (RS SID) that'll get me thrugh another few seasons. But they are black. And they don't look good- at least not as good as the white forks I had on before.

Long story short- Does anyone have good photos of a Moots w/ the BLACK sticker kit?

I also added a shorter stem (80mm), wider bars (meh... Not too amazing), dropper posts (Thomson), and yes- Even carbon rims.
    I've got to say- these bikes might as well be brand new. They are noticably more nimble and just astoudningly stable.
    The rims sure help.
    Getting the seat lower when cornering made a bigger difference than I would have ever believed.
    And that short stem. Well it took a bit for my old school ways to erode enought to accept it but that is astoundingly different.

Any black sticker kits out there?
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

mtbr member
    My #10 will have the black decals, but its still in the factory waiting on parts. I've seen the black decals here in town, but only on factory workers bikes, and on one of their sponsored riders. They look good, but now everybody wants them.

mtbr member
    Given how few Moots are out actually out there I"m sure the black will be unique for some time.
    Certainly not like rollin around on a Santa Cruz in one of two colors.
    #10 as in- You have 10 Moots? You know theres groups of people you can meet with. But first you have to admit you have a problem.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Chicken Bones View Post
    Given how few Moots are out actually out there I"m sure the black will be unique for some time.
    Certainly not like rollin around on a Santa Cruz in one of two colors.
    #10 as in- You have 10 Moots? You know theres groups of people you can meet with. But first you have to admit you have a problem.
    I used to have a problem, then we got a bigger garage. I've owned 9, only some are still with me.