Thread: Moots Ti fork?

mtbr member

Moots Ti fork?

Does Moots have plans for a titanium fork? I have seen a Black Sheep fork on a Moots that someone on here owns, and it looks really good. So I think if Moots were to make a ti fork it would be a really sweet match with all of the other Moots components. The Moots Mooto-X slider with a rigid fork (probably titanium) is on my list to find MY perfect hard tail, so that is why i ask.
    Dropbar SS Mamasita
    XTC Composite 29
    CruX
    Anthem X 29
    Unknown trials bike

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by tdee
    Does Moots have plans for a titanium fork? I have seen a Black Sheep fork on a Moots that someone on here owns, and it looks really good. So I think if Moots were to make a ti fork it would be a really sweet match with all of the other Moots components. The Moots Mooto-X slider with a rigid fork (probably titanium) is on my list to find MY perfect hard tail, so that is why i ask.
    I had asked them about this last summer. They didn't seem to have any interest in building forks at all. I can't remember all the details, but I do remember the word "no".

Sorry for the lack of other info. Since I can't fully recall the conversation I'm giving you the Reader's Digest version.

P.S. I wanted one too.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky
    I had asked them about this last summer. They didn't seem to have any interest in building forks at all. I can't remember all the details, but I do remember the word "no".

Sorry for the lack of other info. Since I can't fully recall the conversation I'm giving you the Reader's Digest version.

P.S. I wanted one too.
    They had something in an interbike brochure about a fork, but when I asked Jon about it, he said it was not happening.

I went ahead and ordered a black sheep Ti fork with 20mm thru axle. its a straight bladed unicrown, 47mm rake, I think I had it made at 475 mm A-C, cant remember right now.

James make a few forks, but gave me the option of two different wall thicknesses. I chose the beefier walled fork and couldnt be happier. Thing is perfect. I rode it on my Mooto-X YBB for a while, then had a Quiring SS made with track drops and put it on that. The Quiring geometry was made using the Mooto-X as a template, with just a couple very minor tweaks.

I highly recommend James for a Ti fork
    Ride Your Bicycle