Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMOOTS View Post
    Beautiful bike, and a nice choice of components!

Did you match the Ti spokes with TWT Ti nipples? How's the ride with the Ti spokes, and how often do you check them?

Best wishes!
    Yes, I use a Marwi Ti Spokes. Feel good but itīs too noisy when I climb hard. I like too much, but I canīt feel the diference between Ti spokes and XT 29er wheels.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by voodood-jab View Post
    Yes, I use a Marwi Ti Spokes. Feel good but itīs too noisy when I climb hard. I like too much, but I canīt feel the diference between Ti spokes and XT 29er wheels.
    Jab,

I'm just curious why did you not chose the EBB instead of a slider frame? Do you plan to run single speed on this bike or someday with multi speed? Did this frame build accordance to your size or its a stock? (I think the title said custom).

Is the MootoX actually similar to a rigormootis but a change of name?

mtbr member
    May 2008

Last Pictures

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Wow! I have a custom Moots road frame myself but this frame just takes my breath away looking at it. It looks like my next 29er frame will have to be a Moots. Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tigoat View Post
    Wow! I have a custom Moots road frame myself but this frame just takes my breath away looking at it. It looks like my next 29er frame will have to be a Moots. Thanks.
    Thank you!

Flight Junkie
    How are you finding the Stan's Crest Rims? Are they stiff enough? I am getting a 2012 Mooto-X and I am on the fence between the Arch and Crest. I want light weight but want some durability for single speeding. I also want them to last. Thanks
    ROTOR HEAD

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IBIKEAZ View Post
    How are you finding the Stan's Crest Rims? Are they stiff enough? I am getting a 2012 Mooto-X and I am on the fence between the Arch and Crest. I want light weight but want some durability for single speeding. I also want them to last. Thanks
    I built up a set of I-9’s with Stans Crest on my late Lynskey HT set up as a SS. I did the majority of my riding and race training on this rig over a lot of rooty single track. The wheel in the back had to have the spokes tightened and checked before each ride. After a race, the wheel went out of true quite a bit so I had to have it retrued. They seem to be fine now.
    I weight 152 lbs and ride aggressive XC no drops just a lot of roots.
    If I were to do it over again, I would get the Arch’s for the rear.

Hope this helps

mojo

Flight Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Man View Post
    I built up a set of I-9’s with Stans Crest on my late Lynskey HT set up as a SS. I did the majority of my riding and race training on this rig over a lot of rooty single track. The wheel in the back had to have the spokes tightened and checked before each ride. After a race, the wheel went out of true quite a bit so I had to have it retrued. They seem to be fine now.
    I weight 152 lbs and ride aggressive XC no drops just a lot of roots.
    If I were to do it over again, I would get the Arch’s for the rear.

Hope this helps

mojo
    Thanks, that does help. I have a set of Arches that have been great, so I'll probably go with them again. I was just trying to save some weight, but it may not be worth it in the long run.
    ROTOR HEAD

mtbr member
    May 2008

Last edited by voodood-jab; 12-18-2012 at 06:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Beautiful beautiful Moots! The craftsmanship is undeniable. A couple of questions. Seeing as you went w custom geometry, why not a longer top tube in lieu of a lay back seat post? And why not a tapered steer?
    C-DALE FLASH 29 Carbon 2 (19.6 lbs)
    C-DALE BB1

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Last Pictures

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-bar View Post
    Beautiful beautiful Moots! The craftsmanship is undeniable. A couple of questions. Seeing as you went w custom geometry, why not a longer top tube in lieu of a lay back seat post? And why not a tapered steer?
    I prefer short top tube and laidback seatpost than large top tube and straight seatpost.Laidback itīs more flexy and confortable.
    I like tapered headtube (44mm) in RSL. Single Speed Bike itīs more classic style and probably in the next months I like change fork suspension to rigid fork, probably BlackSheep or White Brothers Rock Solid.

Thanks for all

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Yesterday...

mtbr member
    Hot

SCRUBDUNKER
    That is the hottest Moots I've ever seen. The only negative part is that the knurled brass adjuster is on backwards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2