mtbr member
    May 2008

Moots...Big Problem!

Hi!
    Yesterday I send this mail to Rabbit Cycles (german dealer) and Moots Factory.
    What do you think?
    Thanks

"To whom it may concern,*

I want to express my personal disappointment about the delay in delivering the bike XXXX, order ref. XXXX.*

As discussed with XXXX on December 1st, the order was supposed to be delivered in Barcelona around Christmas time, which was already a considerable delay, but now we are talking about 10 weeks to get the product, and I consider this situation unacceptable.

I had planned an overseas travel to South America, where I wanted to ride with the new bike, that obviously won't happen.

For all the above, due to the delay on the delivery, and the non respect of the committed timing by the time we close the agreement, I feel I should recieve a compensation from your side.

As the order has been paid already, I can only foresee as solution that you include some components at no cost for me.

I ask you to review this case, and provide with a positive answer to my proposal, unless you have another option that I could consider.

Waiting on your feedback, best regards."

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Two points:

10 weeks for a hand built bike from a smaller company, who have other bikes to build; not a huge wait for a bike you will have a long time. Your wait represents your place in line.

Hold tight, and you will be pleased. Getting pissed before the bike is delivered will only bring a negative vibe to the bike when you get it. Wait it out and enjoy the ride.

mtbr member
    yeah, these things are generally asked BEFORE you send the email...

Personally, it sounds like your digging for free parts.

T.W.O.
    10 weeks, it's nothing. Try Wolfhound, last I heard it's 24 months wait.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugg-E
    yeah, these things are generally asked BEFORE you send the email...

Personally, it sounds like your digging for free parts.

I pay 3.800€=5.000$ por a frame+handlebar.

Every week I send a email asking if Moots have some problem, need some special parts to build the frame,etc...Don´t answer the emails!

At 6th week, he answer: "pacience and relax".Probably your bike arrive in 4 weeks more.

If he know before, why don´t sell me a mail explain that Moots need more time?

When I give at end time I fullfill with it.Moots NO!

T.W.O.
    Did you tell Moots that you plan to take your new bike on your vacation before you order, did you order straight from Moots or the German Dealer. Why do you order Moots, is it because it's the fastest bike you can get?

Waiting is common in MTB, especially small boutique company like Moots, but it's worth waiting. There's no need to insult the company asking if they need material to build a frame. Last time I ordered Casco helmet from Germany it took 11weeks for delivery, I did not ask if they need more material to complete the helmet, or putting the shipping box together.

If you don't have patience, you should pick a bigger brand like Giant, or Merida, I'm sure you'd be happy that you can go to the shop and take it home.

This is how the translate read, it funky now you understand
    Hast du Moots, dass Sie Ihr neues Fahrrad auf Ihren Urlaub nehmen, bevor Sie bestellen, haben Sie gerade aus Moots oder der deutschen Händler um zu planen. Warum glauben Sie, um Moots ist es, weil es die schnellste Bike können Sie's?

Warten ist häufig bei MTB, vor allem kleine Boutique Unternehmen wie Moots, aber das Warten lohnt sich. thumbsup: Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu beleidigen das Unternehmen fragen, ob sie Material, um einen Rahmen zu bauen müssen. Letztes Mal habe ich bestellt Casco Helm aus Deutschland dauerte es 11 Wochen für die Lieferung, habe ich nicht fragen, ob sie mehr Material auf den Helm komplett, oder setzen Sie den Versandkarton zusammen benötigen.

Wenn Sie nicht über Geduld, sollten Sie ein größeres Marke wie Giant holen, oder Merida, ich bin sicher, Sie würden uns freuen, dass man in den Laden gehen und nach Hause nehmen.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885
    Did you tell Moots that you plan to take your new bike on your vacation before you order, did you order straight from Moots or the German Dealer. Why do you order Moots, is it because it's the fastest bike you can get?

Waiting is common in MTB, especially small boutique company like Moots, but it's worth waiting. There's no need to insult the company asking if they need material to build a frame. Last time I ordered Casco helmet from Germany it took 11weeks for delivery, I did not ask if they need more material to complete the helmet, or putting the shipping box together.

If you don't have patience, you should pick a bigger brand like Giant, or Merida, I'm sure you'd be happy that you can go to the shop and take it home.

This is how the translate read, it funky now you understand
    Hast du Moots, dass Sie Ihr neues Fahrrad auf Ihren Urlaub nehmen, bevor Sie bestellen, haben Sie gerade aus Moots oder der deutschen Händler um zu planen. Warum glauben Sie, um Moots ist es, weil es die schnellste Bike können Sie's?

Warten ist häufig bei MTB, vor allem kleine Boutique Unternehmen wie Moots, aber das Warten lohnt sich. thumbsup: Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu beleidigen das Unternehmen fragen, ob sie Material, um einen Rahmen zu bauen müssen. Letztes Mal habe ich bestellt Casco Helm aus Deutschland dauerte es 11 Wochen für die Lieferung, habe ich nicht fragen, ob sie mehr Material auf den Helm komplett, oder setzen Sie den Versandkarton zusammen benötigen.

Wenn Sie nicht über Geduld, sollten Sie ein größeres Marke wie Giant holen, oder Merida, ich bin sicher, Sie würden uns freuen, dass man in den Laden gehen und nach Hause nehmen.
    Now, I´m in Argentina and I like ride with my new bike, but this is not a BIG PROBLEM!
    I have a Rigormootis and I can pick up.That´s it.
    The problem is: Why Moots don´t respect the data of delivery?

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by voodood-jab
    Now, I´m in Argentina and I like ride with my new bike, but this is not a BIG PROBLEM!
    I have a Rigormootis and I can pick up.That´s it.
    The problem is: Why Moots don´t respect the data of delivery?
    Just be glad you didn't order a Dean.

Squalor
    Jan 2004
    Where do you live? In Germany? Why did you order a Moots...from Steamboat Springs Colorado? If you are so worried about specific delivery times, get a German made bike so you can go over to their shop and ask about delivery times all you want.

Not trying to sound harsh, but you did order a bike frame from the other side of the world (assuming you live in Germany) and now you are complaining about delivery times.

Not a "big problem"...

LP

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    It's easy to get great craftmanship, or speedy delivery but nearly impossible to get great craftmanship fast. Maybe production has been slowed because you keep buging them with e-mails.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lanpope
    Where do you live? In Germany? Why did you order a Moots...from Steamboat Springs Colorado? If you are so worried about specific delivery times, get a German made bike so you can go over to their shop and ask about delivery times all you want.

Not trying to sound harsh, but you did order a bike frame from the other side of the world (assuming you live in Germany) and now you are complaining about delivery times.

Not a "big problem"...

LP
    I live in Barcelona (Spain) and I contact to Rabbit Cycles (german dealer). I can buy a bike directly to Moots Factory.
    I don´t want a german bike, I want a Moots!

And yes, it´s a "BIG PROBLEM"

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sbsbiker
    It's easy to get great craftmanship, or speedy delivery but nearly impossible to get great craftmanship fast. Maybe production has been slowed because you keep buging them with e-mails.
    Moots and German dealer don´t answer my emails. Last 20th of december is data end to received my new frame. No news? It´s normal?

Victim of Saddle Rage
    What's up with that German? It is really awful and sounds extremely awkward. Why are you so hung up on Moots with brands like Rotwild and On One readily available in Europe? Just asking really, no offense. Those small Colorado companies like Moots, Black Sheep, Dean, Spot.. make some great rides, but have a terrible reputation for delivery time. Take their best estimates and add 6 months to avoid disappointment. You should have asked us first and we could have given you the inside scoop. Second, there is something lost in translation here, because these guys never make a time commitment, rather a time estimate. The delivery date is never binding. Furthermore, your tone in the letter sounds like a little spoiled brat, so I would definitely try to rephrase and leave off the demand for compensation. Tell them you're very disappointed and see what they offer you. -- not trying to sound harsh, just friendly advice. I am sympathetic to your situation.
    " the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." C&H

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    moots isn't that small. IMO there is no excuse for not responding to mails of a customer who ordered a $5000 frame.

no matter where the customer's residence is. usa, german or mongolia -hey, some of the guys here in the forum looks like missed out on the globalization.

i would cancel the order, get the money back and order a kent eriksen frame ...
    Last edited by hellocook; 01-01-2011 at 08:56 AM.

metrotuned WoS
    OP: It's a dealer problem. You take it up with your dealer, get your money back. Asking for free parts is weak. Get a refund from your dealer and your dealer will take it up with Moots. Moots is not a small company, why would it be backlogged in the middle of winter? This is the time that bike builders love orders. Sorry to hear you didn't get the dream bike for your travel. A refund from your dealer in full and a discount on a bike purchase from in store inventory would be a fair compromise.
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    You don't order directly from Moots. Obviously you went through a dealer/importer. That is who your communication needs to be channeled through.

Chill. A lot of mfg close down for the Holiday's as well. The wait is worth it.

El Mas Chingon
    Want some cheese with that whine?
    Moots Cinco
    Vassago Optimus Ti
    Cervelo Prodigy

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasChingon
    Want some cheese with that whine?
    LMAO, that was a good one

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Manic Depressives should never order bikes. Solution for you is to buy when it's in front of you.

mtbr member
    Voodood-jab & all,

Our lead times can vary depending on time of cycling season. We quote 6-8 weeks from time of order and stick to that with amazing accuracy. If it's going to be late, we tell you so....before it is late. There could be a communication problem with the distributor....a "lost in translation" issue. We have stuck to the "under promise, over deliver" mantra for many years. I personally have been with Moots for over 14 years and have seen long lead times in the very far past...these days we have a great system in place to monitor progress of our products.

Let me know if the issue has not been resolved.

Many thanks,

Jon@Moots