Moots 650B

Printable View

• 07-26-2013
    Dave Ferris
    Moots 650B
  • 07-30-2013
    mtnbiker4life
    That's funny seeing Moots jump into the 650B market because 18 months ago I called them seeking a 650B Ti hard tail. They said they wouldn't do one even if it was a full custom..............I guess they caved due to market pressure.

"We are never one to shy away from experimenting with different wheel sizes." What a joke
  • 07-30-2013
    talabardio
    Yeah I got the same response - they were so NOT into 650b it was a little bit of a turnoff. Sent me right over to Jim Kish.
  • 07-31-2013
    sbsbiker
    They had a 27.5 at the NAHBS in Denver

Old news
  • 08-11-2013
    craig_m
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Ferris View Post

I rode one of these at the Moots booth at Sea Otter. I had never ridden a 650B before, but this bike was pretty sweet.
  • 08-13-2013
    Magnum Ti
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnbiker4life View Post
    That's funny seeing Moots jump into the 650B market because 18 months ago I called them seeking a 650B Ti hard tail. They said they wouldn't do one even if it was a full custom..............I guess they caved due to market pressure.

"We are never one to shy away from experimenting with different wheel sizes." What a joke

I was just going to pull this quote from the Rogue ad, but I see you already did. I vaguely remember another MTBR post where a member contacted moots wanting a 650b custom and they said it too much effort to retool and they weren't capable of doing it...maybe it was you? I dunno, but I too call BS
  • 08-14-2013
    ryanhugh
    Are they not allowed to change there mind if the market/trends start to change? Why does it make them releasing one now a joke or bs?

To me, better late than never I suppose (not that I am in the market for a 650b).
  • 12-30-2013
    skibum1
    Thats insane. Moots HAS to get into the 650b market. They seriously need to make the new Divide a 650b. They probably have a majority of their Divide customers buying the MX Divide (29er) but I'd bet if they spec'd out the bike to fit 650b they would have more buying that. 26er I cant say but they seriously have to step into the 650b world more. Eriksen has an incredible F/S bike that is 650b campatible. It doesnt make sense that Moots wouldnt do this.
  • 04-11-2014
    mtbgtr
    If Moots refuses to go 650b whats stopping any of you from going to Kent? 2cents deposited
  • 04-11-2014
    mtnbiker4life
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbgtr View Post
    If Moots refuses to go 650b whats stopping any of you from going to Kent? 2cents deposited

I think it's a Moot point since they have gone 650B. :)
  • 04-11-2014
    mtbgtr
    Doh sorry havent been to the Moots site in awhile. Guess they finally caved like Specialized