A Real Winner.

Moots=DONE!!! Check it out. . .w/ pics!

So, I got my Moots last April. It was sweet. However, I had been stealing parts off it for my other bikes over the past few months, and it hasn't gotten ridden much this year. Sooooo. . .I knew I needed to get my act together and rebuild my baby!

A 1 year old frame, but I just got a new rigid fork (Traded away a Reba 29r for it), built a new set of wheels for it (Pauls hubs, ZTR355 rims, Sapim spokes), new XTR crankset, XTR brakes, some new rubber (Small Block 8s), and some snazzy new leather grips.

Check it out:

Check out the white leather grips!

And some pics of the hubs:

Those are the new Formula R1 rotors on the XTR calipers.

I just rode it today on the trail and it is a blast! The bike weighs 21 pounds and 2 ounces FYI.
    www.cycletofitness.com It's only a super-awesome website for a super-awesome store. Just click it. I dare you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I Like It!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    WHAT IS THE Size? what stem length?HEIGHT?

mtbr member
    Nice. You guys are killing me, first gregorio posts his and now this one with the carbon fork. Have you had a chance to ride it?
    Dropbar SS Mamasita
    XTC Composite 29
    CruX
    Anthem X 29
    Unknown trials bike

A Real Winner.
    I've gotten a couple rides in so far. It's fricken' awesome of course!!! What would you expect? I don't know what Moots does, but their bikes are just dialed in, you know what I mean?
    www.cycletofitness.com It's only a super-awesome website for a super-awesome store. Just click it. I dare you.

A Real Winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by guygg
    WHAT IS THE Size? what stem length?HEIGHT?

FYI, it's a 17" with a 100mm stem and the RaceFace Next SL bar. I'm 5'9", and the bike fits me perfectly the way it is set up. I was on the fence between the 17 and 18 when I ordered it, but ultimately decided on the 17.

mtbr member
    How do you like the Rock Solid with the MootoX? I'm thinking of getting the same for a drop bar set up on mine...

A Real Winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt@Moots
    How do you like the Rock Solid with the MootoX? I'm thinking of getting the same for a drop bar set up on mine...
    The RockSolid is pretty sweet, but no replacement for suspension. I know, I know, everyone says carbon takes the edge off, and while that may be true, it is still, ummmm, ROCK SOLID! My geared bike has a Reba 29r on it, and I've found that I can't just plow through stuff on my Moots with the rigid fork on it. However, I have been riding this bike a lot lately, and as far as fun bikes go, the rigid fork is a blast. It's solid though. I traded a Reba for this fork because I wanted to lighten up the bike and simplify it. All in all, the RockSolid is a great match for the Ti frame, just remember, it's not a suspension fork.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Looks very nice! Enjoy it

master blaster
    i dig it!
    i almost put a pair of those grips on recently. demension right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding View Post
    The dude is like 120lbs, tops lol he can run any tires he wants without issues, i'm sure.

mtbr member

Nice

Two words: Pimp Daddy. Nice job.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Now THAT is a Ti bike worth owning.