Thread: Mooto XZ

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Mooto XZ

I just started my Moots saving account and was wondering is anyone riding the Mooto XZ? I see alot of pics but not many of the FS Mooto XZ. Just wondering how the bike feels and how people have them setup. Can't wait to get this build going. Pleases post pics of your Mooto XZ 29er if you got them.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    333 views and NO replies?????

I finished my ride earlier this spring. Life has got in the way, but I have to say I'm VERY happy with the ride.

coming off a 26" Ibis silk-ti and Bow-ti (both for sale) I'd say the ride is incredible.

I really like the 9er platform. I can't quite quantify it but it just "feels normal". I'm 6' 1" and 192 lbs. My Ibis bikes were mediums and the moots XZ is a large ( 19"). That said, I don't think the frame size difference is making that much diff.

The Moots just ROLLS over trail obstacles. I don't know if its because I'm "totally" out of shape but....uphills are slightly slower ( additional 2 lbs weight vs. the disc brake silkie) but AS SOON as the hill gets even remotely flat the 29er has the advantage. Flats and downhills are no comparison to the 26ers.

After NOT working out or riding for 2 weeks and being out of town for one week, I jumped on the 9er when I returned from out of state. Wife was doing paper work at the office. I left for a "quick ride" ......two hrs later I had to pull myself off the bike. so much so I'm taking it with me to summit county this weekend for a long ride.

As soon as either my silkie of bowti sell, I'm ordering a Castallano 29er silkie. For me, that will be the best of both worlds, but I think I'll keep the Moots for high country rides.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mooto XZ-img_0480-medium-.jpg  

Mooto XZ-img_0481-medium-.jpg  

Mooto XZ-img_0486-medium-.jpg  

Mooto XZ-img_0493-medium-.jpg  

Mooto XZ-img_0490-medium-.jpg  

Mooto XZ-img_0483-medium-.jpg  

Mooto XZ-img_0488-medium-.jpg  

Mooto XZ-img_0498-medium-.jpg  

Mooto XZ-img_0471-medium-.jpg  

Mooto XZ-img_0505-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by bowtiguy; 07-27-2011 at 09:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for the reply. I was getting worried that the bike was not that great. That is a sweet ride forsure, I can't wait to get one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Nice pics and nice ride!! Can't wait to get my Moots.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks! I'll have to update the picks. I dropped about 2 lbs off it since last year. I'll take some and list the build specs.

I'm Considering a 12' MootoX YBB, but everytime I toss the switch on the RP23 downhills are so much more fun.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    The bike got a few upgrades in its last form before I jumped into a 2012' 29er YBB. SRam XX 180F/160R brakes, XTR cassette & RD, I9 enduro wheelset, Chris king BB, Schwalbe SS racing ralph tires, and 2012' Fox terralogic 100mm fork. all worked well except the fork, it just didn't jive with the rear shock no matter what I did, I now run a 13' CTD on the YBB and I love it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mooto XZ-picture-014-medium-.jpg  

Mooto XZ-picture-020-medium-.jpg  

Mooto XZ-picture-029-medium-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Most of the parts made it onto my YBB 29er or were sold, but the size large 19" frame is for sale...