mtbr member

Mooto XZ with 120mm fork?

Ok so I have a 2008 Turner Sultan and am in the market for another 29er FS to replace her with. I have been looking at the XZ but have a couple questions. Is anyone running a 120mm front fork? Looks like the geometry would be changed to about 71 degrees which is great with me. Also I am riding a Large Turner (24.5 tt) with a straight seat post and 50mm stem length for great crisp turning and feels like the cockpit is perfect. Im 5'11" with a short inseam and longer torso what size should i go with? Thanks in advance.

Grams Light Bikes
    Funny you should ask, yes!

It has a Manitou Minute 29er 120mm fork with a 20mm thru-axle, a Hope Pro II hub with No-Tubes Flow 20mm front wheel and a Manitou Swinger Air X4. With the taller front fork and more suspension, I wanted to lift the rear end a bit and get some more stroke out of the rear suspension, so I am trying a 200x56 (7.875 x 2.25) rear shock! The 16.5 and 18 use 7.5 eye to eye with a 2” stroke while the 19-22” use 7.875 x 2” stroke.

All of this is sort of un-supported!

It sure is more fun blasting through rock gardens! But, tight switchbacks are more of a chore?

Edit: I did have a Fox F29, which required the 5mm Chris King Spacer, the Manitou didn't need it so I saved 5mm, so the new fork was only 15mm taller
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mooto XZ with 120mm fork?-mooto-xz.jpg