rider

Mooto-X YBB with a Fox F29?

Iíd like to hear the take on using Fox vs. Reba and how the different axle to crown heights and different offsets affect the designed geometry. I know Moots states the Mooto-X is built for 80mm but thatís pretty vague.

I believe the Fox @ 100mm has axle to crown of 500.8mm without sag, 80mm is 480.8mm, Reba @ 80mm is 490mm. Offsets are 44 for Fox and 38 for Reba.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I have a stock Mooto X (not YBB) in the 20 in. size. I'm 6'1". I went from a Reba at 80mm to the Fox at 100mm. It's close, but the bike might feel just a smidge more sprightly with the 100mm Fox. I prefer it, both the handling change and the fork itself. The A-C height is just a bit higher; nothing that can't be managed unless you're already set up as absolutely low as you can go.

The 100mm Fox is better for me. I do miss the PopLoc, but the Fox has so many tuning options that I'm missing it less and less.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I believe the Fox 100 can be set back to an 80. So if you don't like the 100mm just rebuild it to an 80mm. I am riding my Mooto with a Reba and it is a great set-up, but I have owned a Fox in the past, and I know how good they are. So if some unknown bonus lands in my lap, I will buy a 100mm Fox for my Mooto. But the Reba is quite good - though the bushings do seem to wear faster than you may like.
    bikeone

rider
    Anyone else running this combo yet? I'd like to hear about it.

mtbr member
    Swami-
    This post is a bit old so my two bits might be too late.
    I have two MootoX YBBs.(Fox on a SS and Reba on gears 2008 forks, 18" frames)

Originally I ran both set at 100mm w/ Chris King tall crown races (+5mm).
    After a bit of break in and getting used to them both I played around and found out that the Reba can be run w/o the tall crown but you have to reposition the lockout knob to avoid any downtube clearance issues. So I left the Reba at 100 w/ a normal crown. Rides great.

The SS w/ the 100mm fox and tall crown did great sometimes but felt odd at others. If I remove the tall crown the fork knobs hit the DT so I leaft it on and lowered the travel to 80mm. It was a hard choice since loosing travel seemed like a step backward. Now that I've done it- I absolutly love it. The Fox at 80mm w/ a tall crown... the bike seems psychic. Stable yet nimble.

Now I'm trying to figure a way to cut a travel spacer so that each bike will have the same ride height but that's just late night wondering.
    On the trails- both current setups works great.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Chicken Bones
    Swami-
    This post is a bit old so my two bits might be too late.
    Nope, I'm still running the Reba. Glad to hear your input...

So the difference in handling... you liked it better with the Fox in 80mm and the tall crown?