1izalluneed
    Sep 2004

Mooto X Size Question

I am 5'-11" with a longish torso and long arms and ordering a Mooto X Slider set up for single speed. The top tube on the size 19 Mooto X (23.5) is shorter than on my current ss (Niner 23.75). The Niner sometimes feels a little short in the top tube but that could just be my imagination. Anyone else out there of similar height on a Mooto X and if so what size and what stem length?

Spooooon!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorio
    I am 5'-11" with a longish torso and long arms and ordering a Mooto X Slider set up for single speed. The top tube on the size 19 Mooto X (23.5) is shorter than on my current ss (Niner 23.75). The Niner sometimes feels a little short in the top tube but that could just be my imagination. Anyone else out there of similar height on a Mooto X and if so what size and what stem length?
    I'm similar in size and on a 19" Mooto-X with a 100mm stem and a layback post. It has exactly the same cockpit dimensions as my Sultan (24.5" top tube) with a straight post and a 90mm stem.

1izalluneed
    Sep 2004
    Harillama, I saw your bike in the "Show your"; nice YBB. How tall are you and are you using a riser stem?

Spooooon!
    I just have a 10* Thomson stem with a flat bar right now. I'm 5'11" with a 33" inseam. I have a few spacers on the steerer, but don't have the bar height dialed in yet . . . may not get it dialed in - we've have some major storm damage to our home and I may have to sell the Moots to cover the loss.

1izalluneed
    Sep 2004
    Oh No! Sorry to hear about your house and the loss of the Moots. I hope that you have another bike or bikes and are not having to give up riding all together. Good luck with the repairs.

Spooooon!
    Thanks. It's not a definite that I'll loose the Moots, but I do have two other bikes, so I'll still be riding regardless.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm 6' with a 32.5 inseam and riding an 18" Mooto-x ybb. The 23" top tube definitely feels too short for me. I ride setback with a 120 mm stem and it helps lengthen the cockpit a bit, but it still puts a little more weight over the front wheel than I'd like.

Grams Light Bikes
    19 inch

1izalluneed
    Sep 2004
    Thanks for the input. It seems that everyone, including Jon at Moots is advising on the 19 inch. I will go with what is recommended. Will post up picks when I get the frame and start the build up. Any opinions on the lay back seat post?