mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Is a large Cinco to big for me?

I'm 5' 10" with a 32 1/2 inseam. Is a large cinco to big for me? My previous bike is an Ellsworth epiphany, And I'm running a Thomson X4 stem 100 mm 0 degree rise. I know the difference between the two frames is about half an inch in the tt.. So I figured I would just run a 90 mm stem on the moots. What do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Moots doesn't size their bikes as small, medium, or large. Maybe if you specify the size you're actually looking at (i.e. 18", 19.5", 21") you might get more help. At your height, I'm guessing you'd need an 18".

mtbr member

Cinco Sizing

I am about your size and got a Cinco this past spring. I have my size at home, I'll send it to you tonight. I'm pretty sure I have a 19.5 frame. Its an incredible ride I have to tell you. Baby wants to run fast and hard all the time. Good luck and I'll send you the specs tonight.

mtbr member

Cinco Size

I have the 18 frame. I'm 5'10, Moots took all my measurements, thats my ride. Perfect. 19.5 would be too big for sure. I had a medium Blur for years & other cookie cutter bikes, all mediums. The Cinco at first will feel a little larger than the others but after a couple of rides you'll know. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Large Cinco

Thanks Ski bum,

I have the Large and it fits well. With the 90 stem the TT measures out the same as my other bikes, All mediums. I rode it this weekend and it rode well. The only problem I had was my Fox Talas stuck down and I couldn't get more then 90 mm of travel out of it. So the ride wasn't that fun. But I should have the fork back from Push this weekend. I will have a better ride on it by this weekend.

mtbr member

Sizing

Bummer. How do you like the ride?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum1
    Bummer. How do you like the ride?
    You know it rode well. I was a little bummed to find out that my Fox Talas was only giving me 90 mm of travel in the 140 mm setting. But other then that it rode very well. I want to take it on some burly trails so I can see how she really rides. I'm just waiting for my fork to come back from Push.

mtbr member

Cinco

Yeah I remember when I first starting riding mine when I got it in the Spring. I was a little hesitant with the amount of travel, Ti, etc. Telling you, I have a Santa Cruz Blur as well which is a decent bike if you can handle all the pivot squeeks but the Cinco is King for sure. Such a difference especially when going on those epic rides. I went through a rock garden on the Blur the other day that sent shock waves through my skull. Never get that on the Moots. Friends tell me my bike is like riding a Lexus on steroids. Once you get the shock back have fun and let her rip.