mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Help, please. YBB on ebay

Hello,

I am thinking of getting a Moots 29er. XZ or YBB. but... I saw an ebay Moots YBB 26er. Why isn't anyone bidding on this? Maybe this could be an interim, backup bike?

Thanks.

Dan

http://cgi.ebay.com/Moots-YBB-Mounta...QQcmdZViewItem

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I wonder how old it is? A new Mooto X YBB frame is almost $3k, that's without any components.

I'm no Moots expert, having just started the order process for my own YBB 29er, but I'd be wary of buying a frame without being measured and knowing the manufacturer's specs inside out. You'll want to study the specs to understand what 20 inch frame means in Moots language.

I got measured yesterday and although the dealer thought I'd need a 20 inch, the measurements don't match Moots' 20 inch specs so he's gonna call them and discuss it. You cannot do that via Ebay and perhaps that's one of the reasons why no one is bidding.....it's a little risky buying something like this unless you know it will really suit your measurements.

The other thing...and I'm really guessing here...is that maybe not many Ebayers know what a Moots is. No name recognition?!?