mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Guys, need your opinion on this used Moots I am interested in buying

hey guys, always wanted a moots but cant afford one. Found this older RigorMootis that is in mint cond. The disc brake tabs were welded in by moots, no adapters. What ya think??

Rock Shox World Cup Suspension Fork w/ Carbon Crown & Lockout
    Chris King Hubs (blue anodized) on Mavic 317X Disc Rims (Handbuilt wheels)
    Shimano XTR Crankset & BB
    Shimano XT front derailleur
    SRAM 9.0 rear derailleur & cassette (9 speed)
    Chris King headset (green anodized)
    Thomson Alloy Seatpost & Stem (120mm)
    Moots Titanium Handlebars
    Grip Shift w/ SRAM 9.0 shifters
    Avid Brake levers w/ cable actuated disc brakes
    Michelin Slicker tires (brand new)
    Ringle' Platform pedals
    Shorty bar-ends
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guys, need your opinion on this used Moots I am interested in buying-moots1.jpg  

Guys, need your opinion on this used Moots I am interested in buying-moots2.jpg  

Guys, need your opinion on this used Moots I am interested in buying-moots3.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    cmon guys! 75 reviews and not one reply! The guy wants $1600 for the bike, good deal?? What ya think?

mtbr member

Re: Guys, need your opinion on this used Moots I am interested in buying

Price seems a little high to me but then I'm not a moots expert. You seem excited about it so get it and no regrets...

"So I'm packing my bag for the misty mountain.."

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    really?? has great components. yes it is 11 years old but the quality is still there. It had of cost $6000 to build back in the day. no?

mtbr member

Re: Guys, need your opinion on this used Moots I am interested in buying

Value will be different things to different people. I am not dissing the bike by any means. Get it. Ride it. Love it.

"So I'm packing my bag for the misty mountain.."

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Having a YBB for sale currently, I would say that the price is pretty good. I would budget for wider bars, Shimano shifters and levers (the more modern Avid levers are great too), new tires, and maybe a new rear derailleur. All of these can be found in great condition on ebay, and are period-specific to match the vintage of the bike. I would think that you could be into it for less than $2k pretty easily and be really happy for some years. Pick up a season's old fork at the end of the season and you would be set!

the catalan connection
    Quote Originally Posted by Canitois1 View Post
    Having a YBB for sale currently, I would say that the price is pretty good. I would budget for wider bars, Shimano shifters and levers (the more modern Avid levers are great too), new tires, and maybe a new rear derailleur. All of these can be found in great condition on ebay, and are period-specific to match the vintage of the bike. I would think that you could be into it for less than $2k pretty easily and be really happy for some years. Pick up a season's old fork at the end of the season and you would be set!
    Those brake levers are Avid Ultimates. It doesn´t get any better than that...
    To the OP: I would buy the bike.
    "Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordly evidence of the fact." George Elliot

AZ
    banned
    Negotiate, asking price is a starting point in most cases. That said, it does appear to be a pretty nice ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    he just lowered the price to 1300. hhmmmmmm

AZ
    banned
    Well? Did you get it home yet?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    It was sold, to late. I might be picking up a Lynsky M390 frame, brand new in box, $1200. Not sure yet

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    What size are you looking for? I have a 19in ybb in the garage that i would be willing to sell. XTR, Fox, Bontranger/CKing wheels. If you are interested drop me a PM. It doesnt have a disc mount, but Moots will gladly add that and refurb the frame at the same time.