Thread: Gristle

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Gristle

I looked at the Moots website but more specifically the Gristle. Does any body know if the Gristle is good and if so how much money it is.
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Not sure what you mean by "good". If you mean quality, the answer is yes, everything I have seen or owned from Moots is world class.
    As for price, a quick search should answer that question. check someone like wrenchscience.
    What type of riding do you do? What do you ride now?

mtbr member
    I got my YBB Gristle over the holidays, have only one ride on it and it rides good, but it's hard to tell the differences from a lap around town. Spring is comming, and I hope to get the bike down to Moab, or Frutia one of these comming weekends and onto some dirt. The frame is flawless, great welds, and it built up without any problems. I can't answer to the price, the frame was a door prise from our local race series. Thanks again MOOTS for sponsoring the Steamboat Springs Town Challenge.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

MOOTS Gristle

I have been riding the Niner SIR 9 and just upgraded to the Gristle. I am 5'6 so the 96 er was perfect for me. Bike handles like a dream and rolls over anything.

mtbr member
    I've got about 700 miles on the Gristle now and I like it's ride. The big wheel helps roll through loose rocks, and sandy stuff but I'm not positive it's a faster bike than my Smoothie. I got the YBB version and now I'm thinking I need to seel it off and get the 4inch rear travel Gristle/Zircle. Oh the agony of bike selection

Links to the Moots forum;
    http://www.moots.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/797/
    http://www.moots.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/855/