Its Pace! Its ace!

Frame sizing help please?

I've been offerd a '96 Rigor Mootis in a size 18" but have not had a chance to measure the frame.

From the Moots website, the toptube length is perfect (23"), but i cant work out the seat tube length.
    Is it measured as is (centre bb to top of seat tube/top tube junction) or as a horizontal equivalent?

Any help appreciated.
    Cheers
    Pete

Not sure the 96 was measured as current models are. My 98 YBB was sized by the half inch, not the whole, so I wonder about 96. Current models are also intended for longer forks than in 96. Believe current Moots website lists c-t (center to top of seat collar). Don't understand your question about horizontal equivalent. Seat tube length isn't all that important in any case, maybe the angle, but not particularly length.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    1996 18" Rigor Mootis (actually an 18.5") will have a 17.5 seat tube (center to top), 71.5 degree HT, and 73.25 ST angle

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

96 rigor

I would stay clear unless you want to run it rigid.
    It was made for a short travel fork like 1st gen. Sid. I know this because I had a 97. When fork moved up in travel- I put a longer one on- rode terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by SSlowPace
    I've been offerd a '96 Rigor Mootis in a size 18" but have not had a chance to measure the frame.

From the Moots website, the toptube length is perfect (23"), but i cant work out the seat tube length.
    Is it measured as is (centre bb to top of seat tube/top tube junction) or as a horizontal equivalent?

Any help appreciated.
    Cheers
    Pete