mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Does Moots Know?

My wife and I moved to Incheon, South Korea 5 weeks ago for her work. This have left me with a bit of time to ride and scope out the trails which are often acessable via bike paths. I've been around a good amount of time as a racer and rider and have NEVER seen so many Moots and Titus MTBs in my life. I see at least 1 of each every other day.Status is so important here. The kicker is that they are all on the paved bike paths. When I hit the mountains I see way more Expats the higher the elevation and difficulty. I will say that the Korean racers that really commit to racing are insanely fast and built for the terrain.

mtbr member

not sure but

I can't say that moots knows about this, but I can say titus does. I was talking on the phone with Jim Gloss at titus and asked him wear they sell the most hard tails Jim laughed and said Korea I was not sure if it was a joke, but I guess this is true after reading this. It does make sense because of smaller people need custom bikes and well Moots or titus is a nice way to go.

Tom

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Crockpot, If you want to see them Moots' the best place for watching is the trails here in Steamboat. On last tue's ride I counted 18 Vamoots out of 25 riders. At our town challenge MTB races, it's like a moots showroom, and on most days you can't throw a stick without hitting some local on a moots. Props to the Koreans, they have great taste.

Ti is addictive
    I concur......My discussions with Titus over delivery of my frame was that I squeaked my order in just before they had to fulfill a order of 25 exogrid frames placed by their Korean Distributor. That one order drained out their inventory of Exogrid Tubintg all in one shot. Thank God I got my order in before they had to fulfill that bulk buy. It added almost 2 months to anyone else waiting on a Exogrid frameset.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    The one interesting thing with most Koreans is that they will not usually buy used items as they contain the spirit or essence of the previous owner. Sooooo, I'm interested in what the resale market will end up like here in Korea when the fad fades. Since the large majority of bikes never see any dirt, their use will be limited. The bad part for a 6'5" feller is that there won't be anything larger than an 18" frame and it will be a teenie-tiny 26er.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbsbiker
    Crockpot, If you want to see them Moots' the best place for watching is the trails here in Steamboat. On last tue's ride I counted 18 Vamoots out of 25 riders. At our town challenge MTB races, it's like a moots showroom, and on most days you can't throw a stick without hitting some local on a moots. Props to the Koreans, they have great taste.
    Hey sbsbiker...looks like you live/from Steamboat? I'm planning a trip out to the Moots factory and get some rides in next year. Moots suggested Orange Peel bikes for a fitting? Maybe I'll pick your brain off-line about what to do/where to go, etc. if you're good with that.
    ti Nuke Proof SS
    ti Moots Mooto X YBB

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot2001
    The one interesting thing with most Koreans is that they will not usually buy used items as they contain the spirit or essence of the previous owner. Sooooo, I'm interested in what the resale market will end up like here in Korea when the fad fades. Since the large majority of bikes never see any dirt, their use will be limited. The bad part for a 6'5" feller is that there won't be anything larger than an 18" frame and it will be a teenie-tiny 26er.
    But what you could do is buy them up on the cheap and resell them stateside.........