Flight Junkie

Do the sliders add to the chainstay length

Hey there. I want to get a Mooto-x with sliders. I'll probably go with Sram XX first but may go SS later. The Mooto has a chainstay length of 17.6" right? When you add the paragon sliders does this increase the chainstay and overall wheelbase of the bike? Thanks
    ROTOR HEAD

mtbr member
    I've got both a YBB, and a Gristle/YBB, both are 19in, and the Gristle has sliders. The distances from the center of the crankarm, and the rear axel is within a 1/2 in of each other. The sliders have an adjustable range of 1-2 in so that could lengthen your vitural chainstay lenght but I doubt anyone could feel the diff.

Rusting Steel
    If you run the sliders pulled all the way back (away from bars) you could end up with a little longer wheelbase/chainstay length. But running gears, you'll more than likely run the slider nearly fully forward, shortening the wheelbase/chainstay length.

I have a Rigormootis slider that I run singlespeed. 35x19 for dirt and 35x15 for cross/commuting both with the same chain length. The 19 has the sliders pulled forward and wheelies/climbing feels easier than when the 15 is on with the sliders fully rearward. It's not a huge difference in handling/feel, but you can tell it differs than when the wheel is pulled more forward.

Go with the sliders and set them as forward as tire clearance allows when running gears and you should have no problems/ill affects at all.