Thread: Divide vs Cinco

mtbr member

Divide vs Cinco

Trying to educate myself on the new Divide, 26". I have a Cinco now which I love. Seriously thinking of "upgrading" to the new Divide 26". I wish they made it in 650b though. Anyway, trying to get some feedback on the new Divides and how they would compare to the Cinco. Any feedback? Is it worth upgrading?

mtbr member
    Skibum1,

I've been riding a Cinco for quite a while as well and based on Divide testing I've read about, the biggest difference between the two, besides the fact that the Divide has only 4" of travel (the Cinco is almost 5"), the Divide has a "firmer" feeling suspension, making it a bit racier feel. I guess the thing you want to use your bike for will determine if you need to switch to the Divide. All day trail riding? Cinco. Racing/endurance type events? Divide.

mtbr member
    Thanks Team Fubar. I'm with you on this. I called Moots the other day and spoke to a really nice guy. I asked him what the difference was between the Cinco and the Divide besides the look of the bike. He almost didnt know what to say as if no one has ever asked him. He went through the different geometry, clearance, etc but as far as the actual ride itself he said the Cinco is a much better climber but the Divide is a better decender. I have a feeling what is going on here is that Moots simply did away with the Cinco, re designed the Divide to fill in their full suspension line, yet, apples to apples, I dont think the Divide is a game changer other than looks over the Cinco. I love my Cinco therefore I think I'm going to keep it. Unless someone wants to give me enough money to offset what I paid for it to build it I dont see the point. All the articles about the Divide that I can find says how nice the bike is made but its not a game changer by any stretch.