Creaking MootoX YBB driving me crazy
My MootoX YBB (standard dropout version) has developed a creak and obviously it's spoiling my rides. The creak occurs when under power and >seems< to be caused by the flexing of the BB area causing a creak that manifests midway up the down tube.
Things I have done so far to try to exorcise the demon:
1) Total rebuild of the rear with new parts and grease
2) Made sure the seatpost is greased (copper grease)
3) Fastidiously cleaned seat clamp / seat rails
4) All bar / stem / steerer interfaces cleaned and greased
5) BB and crank (XT BB, XTR cranks) removed all surfaces cleaned and greased
6) Pedals checked for play, cleaned and greased
7) Removable drop out removed, cleaned and greased
8) Cassette (XTR on King) removed, cleaned, greased, checked for play etc
9) Checked my knees, took some cortisol just to be sure
While free-wheeling I can bounce up and down in the saddle and while standing squish the YBB up and down with no creak. I can torque the bars all over - no creak. But put some power down and away we go. Curiously if I get off the bike and stand on one pedal to where I can see the frame deflecting there doesn't seem to be a creak... WTF ?
Prior to the MootoX I owned a 26er YBB for 5 years and that thing never even whispered which makes the currently problem doubly frustrating I think.
Anyone have any other ideas of what to fettle / black magic incantations?
Many thanks, Nick.