Thread: Cinco Tires

mtbr member

Cinco Tires

Curious to know what kind of tires all the Cinco riders are running. I've had the WTB Prowler XT 2.1, been fine. Looking at switching back to the Weirwolves Lt or the new Wolverines. Anyone tried them?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Tires

Hey Skibum,

I'm riding the Maxxis cross marks and they are alright. They roll great but if your looking for a good cornering tire look somewhere else. I'm also looking for a new set of tires. And I'm looking at the Specialized Captains. I heard there pretty good? we will see.

mtbr member

Tires

Hey thanks for the response. I just ordered the WTB Weirwolves LT,2.55's the other day. I've been pretty happy running the WTB Prowlers, just a little heavy. I had the Weirwolves a few years ago on a Blur and loved them. I'll give these a shot and post after a couple of rides. The Wolverines have been getting a lot of positive reviews but its definately more of a race tire which honestly thats not what my Cinco is all about. I want something that grips and rips.

mtbr member
    I've been running Panaracer Rampage 2.35" on my Cinco and digging them. Good all around tire. Have run it all over the front range of Colorado, Fruita, Moab and the Black Hills of South Dakota. Very consistent in all areas. And as a bonus, most websites have their weight listed at 700g for the folding bead, but they are more like 660g. I have weighed 3 samples and they all come in around the same weight. Not that I have a big concern on a Cinco, but it is always nice if you can reduce the rotating weight a bit...

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    my current favorite is the Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.35: plenty of grip, light weight and good handling.