half-fast rider

98 Ybbeat-Non Replaceable Derailleur hange

Well, after 11 years or so on the trails, I have managed to tweak the derailleur hanger on my Ybbeat. Kind of a freak deal, did a partial endo, rear wheel got up off the ground about 2 feet or so, came down and landed on the wheel of the guy riding behind me. Hanger is bent out a little and twisted in a little at front edge.

Can this be straightened as would a steel hanger? It is not a replaceable hanger.
    A wise man once said: "Always Ride"

half-fast rider
    Bueller, Bueller, anyone, anyone?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    i'd just call moots in the morning. 970-879-1676. worse comes to worst, time for a bead blast/decal/disc tab refurb extravaganza. looks like the general consensus, via the google search, is that ti rd hangers are a ***** to straighten.

mtbr member
    I have had good luck straightening ti hangers, but it depends on the damage, and sometimes nothing can be done. pics?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I've had good luck straightening out bent Ti tabs but each case is different - take it to a good LBS an let them have looksee.

half-fast rider
    I hope it can be straightened. I'll be at a framebuilder's shop next month, I'll email him and see if he thinks he can help. If not, it will probably sit awhile before I can send it back to moots, it could use a refurb anyway. 11 years of riding and even ti will show some age. Could use a fresh bead blast and some new decals. I don't know if I'd put a disc mount on it or not. It's from back in the days of 70 mm forks, so a disc just seems wrong.

mtbr member
    I've had my YBB since '99, refurbed it twice and it looks as good as my new ones. Get the dics tab put on it wont be too long before v-brakes/canti's will be the relm of 'crossers only. Don't forget the headbadge.

Ride, Sleep, Work
    It can totally be straightened. I feel a coule of years back and had mine straightened, it is going on 3 years since and no problems @ all. Ti is super tough that way. Take it to a GOOD bike shop and they should be able to do the job easily.