mtbr member
    Nov 2010

2012 Mooto X YBB Frame

Just bought one and would like some input on a build. What components, wheels, hubs ect... and reasons why. I live in very rough, rocky country and will be doing lots of climbing.
    I'm coming off a Gary Fisher SF 100. I broke 2 frames in less than 2 yeas so I'm giving up on the carbon frame.

mtbr member
    well, how was your SF100 spec'd? did you like it? why or why not? I'm guessing not since you are posting for advice. so what didnt you like? What's your budget? Too open ended to get any real feedback. So I'll assume since you ordered the frame then youve at least got enough for a boutique build. I9 or tune wheelset, Hope brakes, Moots stem & post, Moots flat ti bar, CK headset and BB, Boone ti cranks and rings, tune seat binder...that'll get you started
    ti Nuke Proof SS
    ti Moots Mooto X YBB

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    My 2010 GF SF 100 was stock. Frame broke before 1 year old. Trek/GF replaced it promptly with a 2011 elite. That one broke within the year. However, when it was dialed in it was light, fast and comfortable.
    RE: Moots, I purchased all SRAM XX components, Stan's notube arch wheels, Crank Bro Cobalt 680mm carbon bar, Moots seat post, and a Rockshox Rebba XX shock with a 20mm axle w/X-loc. I appreciate the feedback but since it was late coming I acted on my own the best I knew. You can bet I will look up the parts you suggested to see how they compare. I might even change.
    Still taking input.
    Thnx

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieD View Post
    My 2010 GF SF 100 was stock. Frame broke before 1 year old. Trek/GF replaced it promptly with a 2011 elite. That one broke within the year. However, when it was dialed in it was light, fast and comfortable.
    RE: Moots, I purchased all SRAM XX components, Stan's notube arch wheels, Crank Bro Cobalt 680mm carbon bar, Moots seat post, and a Rockshox Rebba XX shock with a 20mm axle w/X-loc. I appreciate the feedback but since it was late coming I acted on my own the best I knew. You can bet I will look up the parts you suggested to see how they compare. I might even change.
    Still taking input.
    Thnx
    no need to change if you've already ordered...I run full XX group on my XYBB and love it.
    ti Nuke Proof SS
    ti Moots Mooto X YBB