mtbr member
    May 2006

2003 Rigormootis Geometry

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has the geometry listing for the 2003 Rigormootis hardtail - in particular looking for the head angle and seat angle of the 22 inch frame.

Cheers

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Well as per an email from Moots the head angle is 71.75 degrees and seat angle 72,75 degrees.

How does everyone feel the Rigormootis rides in terms of steering? I am worried tha the head angle is so steep which would result in really twitchy steering - does anyone have any experience with the Rigormootis in an XL/22 size that can comment?

Rusting Steel
    I have an 18" 2009 Rigormootis slider with 71.3 / 73.3 angles and I love it's handling. Currently I am running a 465mm a/c WhiteBros Rock Solid rigid fork on it. Moots told me the bike was build around a A/C measurement was 470.9.

Initially I was riding with my 438mm Vicious fork and the steering was rather quick. I'd call it crisp more than twitchy. It railed, but it was rather crisp. I bought a 7mm base plate from Ventana for my King and it raised the A/C to 445mm and the bike became one with me. Intuitive handling and cornered like no other bike setup I've had.

After getting a free Rock Solid fork from PMBAR, I swapped it out and the added 20mm feels a bit more relaxed on rocky steep descents and less front heavy, but I'll soon be heading back to a 445/450mm fork just to regain some more crispness/balance in the handling. But to be honest, 445-465 there is little difference in handling (rake: 38mm/42mm) that I notice and neither would I deem twitchy. 438 and lower is more noticeable. If you are running a suspension fork (100mm) you'll most likely be above the 455mm mark and not have any issue with twitch.