Don't hate me for it, but I'm just not a fan of the 2gen Straight 6 after riding mine a bit recently. The 4 Bangers were good bikes, but I think the 6 has three main issues:
1. The cockpit is too short. The 6 was a very laid back seat tube, and the they compensated for it by shortening the top tube, but they made it way too short.
2. The head angle is too steep. I've tried adjusting it via the trunion, but it's just a little too steep for that bike.
3. I think 4" is about right for a trail bike with Lawwill suspension. At 6" it's not the greatest thing to pedal. Maybe a shock with ProPedal would help, but I can't exactly mount one.
So, this has me wondering about the future of my 6. I don't enjoy riding it as it is, but then again, for the riding I do 95% of the time I don't really need a 6" trail bike. So do I:
- Leave it assembled and just let it sit?
- Strip it and sell the frame?
- Strip it and use the frame as art?
- Replace it with a new/better trail frame?
- Just get ride of it completely and not worry about having a longer trail full suspension bike completely?
Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups
Results 1 to 10 of 10