mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Yeah, I don't like the Straight 6.

Don't hate me for it, but I'm just not a fan of the 2gen Straight 6 after riding mine a bit recently. The 4 Bangers were good bikes, but I think the 6 has three main issues:

1. The cockpit is too short. The 6 was a very laid back seat tube, and the they compensated for it by shortening the top tube, but they made it way too short.

2. The head angle is too steep. I've tried adjusting it via the trunion, but it's just a little too steep for that bike.

3. I think 4" is about right for a trail bike with Lawwill suspension. At 6" it's not the greatest thing to pedal. Maybe a shock with ProPedal would help, but I can't exactly mount one.

So, this has me wondering about the future of my 6. I don't enjoy riding it as it is, but then again, for the riding I do 95% of the time I don't really need a 6" trail bike. So do I:

- Leave it assembled and just let it sit?

- Strip it and sell the frame?

- Strip it and use the frame as art?

- Replace it with a new/better trail frame?

- Just get ride of it completely and not worry about having a longer trail full suspension bike completely?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    if you do not like it at all i think selling it would be a good option...
    post a pic please

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    very nice, looks like a 18" right?
    i was looking for one for a long time before giving up and turning my focus to other projects

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Yeah what size is it? Could be very keen on the frame!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Yeah, it's an 18". Good eye.

CTB
    mtbr member
    Sell the frame to someone. I would think someone would give it love and a good home.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Sell the frame. This is the same issue I had with the 4Banger. I never rode the bike. I kept it around for the trips out to WV. I used the money to buy a bike that I will ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I will buy the rear shock off of you for a good price AND give you a 4banger shock to drop it back to 4" if you're interested.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sorry, but that wouldn't fix the geometry issue. If it were that simple, I'd simply limit down the shock I have.