mtbr member
    Mar 2011

what to do with this Project Colorado frame

Here's an original Project Colorado, a prototype of the Homegrown hardtails. The thing has never been built & was buried in a friend's shed under some blankets here in Boulder. We're trying to figure out what to do with it. Serial # 94004 indicates it's the 4th one made in '94, it's mint.

Since it's somewhat historically significant it would be a shame to build & ride as a townie. Besides, we have enough bikes already. I'll probably ebay it. But it kinda seems like it belongs in a museum somewhere.

What would you do? Any guess as to value for resale?

Life Is Short
    I would keep it because regrets cannot be redeemed in the future. I just made that up (pretty good).

Anyways if you are to sell it how much and what size is it? I wish it had the Tomato stickers
    on it (Homegrown USA).

Well to further confuse you when I worked at a bike shop, this guy came in with this Schwinn. Its a mint Lil Chik (November 1978) that he bought for his daughter xmas 1978. She didnt like bikes and kept in the closet for 22 years. I bought it for my wife for $200. Its worth at least
    a grand if someone were to want it. Can't sell it because there are ZERO like them available, just like that frame you have.

Good luck on your decision.

BTW---I LOVE the Schwinn patented Epicenter wishbone seat stay on your frame
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what to do with this Project Colorado frame-dscf0071.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    ^^ No ponytails on those bars? C'mon

Beautiful bike you've got there, sounds like the same problem - can't ride it, can't let it go.

I'm actually working on re-creating some HG stickers from the original logos, maybe we'll come up with the tomato. This frame was pre-tomato tho.

I'm guessing I'll list it on Ebay, going price for a HG frame is about $200 but no idea if it's worth more for uniqueness or less for prototype-ness. Will post a link here when it goes up for auction.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    It's on eBay now for a dollar...

I even made a logo for it -

Life Is Short
    YOu sure you wanna sell it? Because if you are serious, I'll bid on it. Just warning.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Wouldn't have listed it if I wasn't serious. Hoping to raise funds to take the crew out to sushi. I've got a black 2003 SID I'm about to rebuild too, you could tack that on the front end.