mtbr member

Two Days on the Rocket

After braking a spoke on my Teocali Wednesday, had to switch to the Rocket this weekend. Saturday morning riding around the Otay Lake foothills and the single track around the lakes on Sunday. This also gave me a chance to test the new shimano XT Icetech rotors with my SLX M666 disc brakes, the new rotors have really made difference over the older Deore rotors, really starting to like these now I guess shimano is not kidding when they say the Ice Tech works as system.

Saw some deer booking up the hill from a far, only have 2X zoom, so the picture is not too clear but this the first time Ive seen live deer in the area the other time it was being eaten by coyotes. Oh saw one them to, in one of the gullies he was just as surprised as we were, didn't get a picture of him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two Days on the Rocket-dscn6059.jpg  

Two Days on the Rocket-dscn6064.jpg  

Two Days on the Rocket-dscn6066.jpg  

Two Days on the Rocket-dscn6069.jpg  

Two Days on the Rocket-dscn6061.jpg  

Two Days on the Rocket-dscn6071.jpg  

Two Days on the Rocket-dscn6081.jpg  

Two Days on the Rocket-dscn6085.jpg  

Two Days on the Rocket-dscn6086.jpg  

Two Days on the Rocket-dscn6073.jpg  

CTB
    mtbr member
    That's some nice looking country out there. Your Rocket looks like you've upgraded it nicely as well.

mtbr member

Proctor Valley / Jamull Mt, CA

Took the out rocket after some upgrades, around Otay Lakes, Proctor valley and up the mountains around the lake.
    Homeland security was curios so he came in for a closer look on the east of the lake then landed on the helipad there, but took off before I could get pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two Days on the Rocket-dscn0414.jpg  

Two Days on the Rocket-dscn0417.jpg  

Two Days on the Rocket-dscn0423.jpg  

Two Days on the Rocket-dscn0428.jpg  

Two Days on the Rocket-dscn0431.jpg  

Two Days on the Rocket-dscn0429.jpg