mtbr member
    Jul 2011

teocali suspension help

hi all
    i have a mongoose teocali super 2009.
    i had this problem for a long time but only now i want to fix it.
    the problem are the loosening of the rear suspension bearings and the creaks and squeaks i hear from it (especially when i pedal hard).

i have put a lock-tight on all bearings.
    one of the bearings keeps opening and my questions are:
    1. does the creaks is the result of the bearing not being lock tightly enough? should i open them and put a new lock-tight and then close them really tight.
    2. how tight should i close the bearings?
    3. do i need to grease the bearings? how it should be done?

10x in advance
    waiting for your help
    victor

mtbr member
    Part of the problem with creaking from the pivots, is that dirt get gets in there. No matter how much you tighten these they will continue to creek.

About once a year I take the pivots apart and clean everything up, and put it all back together with a very light coat of waterproof grease. This just regular maintenance for 2009 Super. Though the first time I did replace the original small 688 bearings in the BB link with some Enduro Max bearings, I have yet to replace the bigger pivot bearings. The regular cleaning of the pivots has kept my Teocali squeak free for me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    When u say you clean the bearings what do i maen exactly?
    Taking the screws themselves out and cleaning? Or also taking the bearings from the frame parts and cleaning them?

mtbr member
    Taking the bolts out only, then cleaning the bolts and the holes through the frame and bearings, though not removing the bearings from the frame.

CTB
    mtbr member
    Vichila, every bolt on your suspenion has a specific torque it is to be tightened to. If you just tighten them all "really tight," you will damage the bearings. Get the proper torque values for your bike and a torque wrench.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    By now, you should be looking into a fresh set of bearings for your Teocali. The Enduro Max bearings that Cobra mention are the way to go (I put a whole set in my Valiant, smooth as silk now) as they are pretty much the best non-ceramic bearings out there.

After removing your old bearings, be sure to clean all surfaces before installing the new ones.
    Riding the Geese since '98! Check out my youtube videos at www.youtube.com/mongoosejake

mtbr member
    don't forget to lube prior to re-assembly. mongoose guys said, clean before installing and as CTB said, Torque accordingly. New /different bearing housings might take more or less torque then manufacturing specs of the stock bearings
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    where can i find which bearings i need? and instruction how to remove and install

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vichila View Post
    where can i find which bearings i need? and instruction how to remove and install
    Universal Cycles -- Enduro-MAX Cartridge Bearing

You need the 688 and 6000 size bearings 4 of each. You can find them at other places nut here were got mine.

Mongoose used a have page with tech on the freedrive I cant find it now but I did save it I attached the files from the website along with pictures. I appears to be a KYBER but its the only thing out there that i know of.

Also this thread might help, but it is not an easy job if you are mechanically inclined you might have LBS do it. replacing bearings