mtbr member

Teocali Eyecandy

The Mongoose brand might have dropped the ball this year, but my 2009 Teocali isn't going any where, its still an awesome bike that climbs like a goat and descends like freight train but stops on a dime with 203mm Elixir CRs. Took it out Sunday and today around Otay Lakes and the Mountains between the lakes and Proctor Valley and broke in my new remote XLC seat post and re-nippled (is that a word? ) wheels.

First picture shows the area from Otay Mountian to Otay lakes the to mountain I cliombed Sunday up to the flag and beyond up to almost 1900 feet, around 1500ft above Otay Lake and Proctor Valley. Great views of the lake, downtown San Diego, Jamul, and Mt San Miguel. Not a soul to be seen except for the occasional rabbit and suspected rattlesnake rustling in the bushes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Teocali Eyecandy-dscn6224.jpg  

Teocali Eyecandy-dscn6696.jpg  

Teocali Eyecandy-dscn6701.jpg  

Teocali Eyecandy-dscn6704.jpg  

Teocali Eyecandy-dscn6717.jpg  

Teocali Eyecandy-dscn6718.jpg  

Teocali Eyecandy-dscn6720.jpg  

Teocali Eyecandy-dscn6722.jpg  

Teocali Eyecandy-dscn6734.jpg  

Teocali Eyecandy-dscn6700.jpg  

mtbr member
    Looks nice! Great pictures!

I can't wait for my 2011 to arrive here tomorrow. I do like the scheme of the 2009, 2010, and the 2012 more though, but I couldn't pass this one up.

mtbr member
    Thanks

Which model did you get?

mtbr member
    Well, I ordered a 2011 Comp, but I got a 2009 Comp here at my doorstep. Got to wait until tomorrow now to find out what can be done.

mtbr member
    Are you keeping the 2009?

Here is more eyecandy, I just got a 2011 Fox Talas RLC for my Teocali, delivered yesterday took it for its first ride today. The new fork rocks, really loving how much easier it was to climb steep uphills with nose lowered to 110mm travel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Teocali Eyecandy-dscn6745.jpg  

Teocali Eyecandy-dscn6746.jpg  

Teocali Eyecandy-dscn6747.jpg  

Teocali Eyecandy-dscn6748.jpg  

mtbr member
    I actually just finally got to test it out today, and after riding it, I'm definitely keeping it(The 2011 was out of stock, so out of the question, but I'm rather happy with this one myself.) I didn't get to fully put it through it's paces, but for what all I did, it just felt absolutely amazing. I am rather curious about how it would feel with a couple parts like those on it, but that's not anytime soon for me.

Mine's personally in the blue/white scheme. This was at the pump track there at a local park, getting used to it. It's a world of difference than the older Mongoose I've been using the past couple years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Teocali Eyecandy-img_6519.jpg  

2009 Mongoose Teocali Comp

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I love my '09 Teocali Comp, I ride it hard and it's been a smooth performer for all of it, although the suspension bearings are a bit "clicky" and probably need to be replaced with the Pinn'r ones. Just basic maintenance other than that.

The only thing I've changed on it in the 2 years I've had it is the brake rotors- went up to Tektro 203mm in the front and 180 in the back (although sometimes I wish I did 203 in back too). It was an easy and inexpensive upgrade, and better braking on long descents using just index fingers especially since I'm at least 230 lbs loaded and its an XL frame.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I have a 2008 teocali comp, and i'm installing a marzocchi 66 rcv with 180mm travel. anyone can tell me is this a safe setup?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by widi View Post
    I have a 2008 teocali comp, and i'm installing a marzocchi 66 rcv with 180mm travel. anyone can tell me is this a safe setup?
    Don't know if its safe, I wouldn't go above 160mm myself. That being said I found this on the interweb,

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Teocali Eyecandy-164103957_164019223577fc0bfdc0c47f16addca91cae505cbd200384a.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra8d View Post
    Don't know if its safe, I wouldn't go above 160mm myself. That being said I found this on the interweb,

Wow, that setup looks awesome.
    Been testing my 180mm fork setup on the teocali for a couple of downhill rides and it feels great, still climbs pretty well too on am tracks. Thanks for the input.