mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Straight-8 ... What would you do?

Wall art or sell it?

I got this new back in the day right before I stopped racing. I finally bought a new DH bike recently and decided to take the Schwinn out of the line-up. The plan was to put it up on the wall cuz it is F-ing awesome. But now I'm wondering if I should sell it cuz I know that there are people out there who may actually want to ride it. Since this is pretty much in mint condition and has all of the original parts, what do you think I should do? Is it worth more for the cash or the nostalgia?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Screw it, I already have the pictures ... if someone wants it on ebay for a grand, I'll sell it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    no bites on ebay, so I guess it is going on the wall.

Person
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EHPhillips
    no bites on ebay, so I guess it is going on the wall.
    You started the auction too high.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    What should I have started it at?

mtbr member
    what size frame?
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I'm pretty sure this is a LARGE, but it may be a MEDIUM. I am 6'2". It is 16 inches from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the top tube. It is 17 inches from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube.

Anyone know how to measure it properly?

Uly
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EHPhillips
    I'm pretty sure this is a LARGE, but it may be a MEDIUM. I am 6'2". It is 16 inches from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the top tube. It is 17 inches from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube.

Anyone know how to measure it properly?

From Sheldon Brown

"Measuring Frame Size

Generally, when you see a single number listed as a frame's "size" that number refers to the length of the seat tube.

A further complication is that nobody knows how to measure a bicycle's seat tube any more. Even leaving the inches/centimeters question out of things, there is the question of where the seat tube ends:

* The old standard system was to measure from the center of the bottom bracket to the very top of the seat tube.
    * Some manufacturers have decided that this is too easy, so now many bikes are measured instead to the intersection of the centerline of the top tube with the centerline of the seat tube.
    * Some other bikes that have seat tubes that protrude farther than normal above the top tube measure as if they were measuring to the to the top of a seat tube with normal protrusion.
    * Some bikes are measured to the top edge of the top tube, even though the seat tube protrudes higher up.
    * Some bikes with slanting top tubes are measured as if there were a level top tube, they use the length that the seat tube would be if it was as high as the head tube.

Anarchy reigns"

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Rear Wheel----

I dunno about the frame, because I have one, but I would love to get that rear wheel or even just the hub. Dunno how much you want for it, PM me or just reply here.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    -Albert Einstein
    On the Theory of Relativity-

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I may have a spare NOS hub I'd be willing to part with ;-)