mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Question re Teocali shock compatibility

I have made a succesful warranty claim on my 2005 Teocali frame due to seat gusset crack.
    The replacement frame is sitting in the LBS now but it did not come with a rear shock.
    I cant find a spec on my 05 shock but a quick measure up leads me to believe it a 200 x 50

looking at the written spec for the 2010 frame it says its a 200 x 57.

Questions
    1- Does any one know if this is correct?
    2- If it is can i install the 200 x 50 shock for a limited time E.G. a week untill I sort a new shock just to get me riding
    3- Is Mongoose obligated to supply a new shock if the old shock off the old frame wont fit?

Thanks

P.S.
    I only looked for the frame crack after reading of 05 - 06 frames cracking on here.
    Sure enough, my frame has a hair line crack.
    I went to the LBS where I bought it 4 1/2 years ago and they confirmed that the warranty on the frame lasts 5 years [close aye!]
    1/2 a dozen photos of the frame and two weeks later I have a new frame.
    A flash black and white 2010 Teocali Super frame
    Good on Mongoose

What?
    the pre 2008 frames came with 200x50 and in 2008 they changed to 200 x 57. so it really depends on the year of your replacement frame. I acually have a 2008 and upgraded my shock to a manitou swinger that is 200x 50. from my math, the stroke being 7mm(1/4 inch) shorter is a reduction in travel by 16.6mm (about 5/8 inch.) making the rear wheel travel 5.1 inches instead of 5.7. To me thats not a big deal.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119
    the pre 2008 frames came with 200x50 and in 2008 they changed to 200 x 57. so it really depends on the year of your replacement frame. I acually have a 2008 and upgraded my shock to a manitou swinger that is 200x 50. from my math, the stroke being 7mm(1/4 inch) shorter is a reduction in travel by 16.6mm (about 5/8 inch.) making the rear wheel travel 5.1 inches instead of 5.7. To me thats not a big deal.
    Excellent - Thanks

You have just confirmed what I thought

What?
    Post some pics up when its all put together!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Will do
    The only things that will remain from my original 05 Teocali will be the wheels, shifters and derailers.
    Every thing else including bars, grips, brake set, forks, cranks, pedals, seat etc have been swapped out over the last 4 1/2 years.
    It is a bit of a frankenbike now!

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgre_6163
    Will do
    The only things that will remain from my original 05 Teocali will be the wheels, shifters and derailers.
    Every thing else including bars, grips, brake set, forks, cranks, pedals, seat etc have been swapped out over the last 4 1/2 years.
    It is a bit of a frankenbike now!

MIne is the same way... I have only had it for about 7 months but I keep upgrading. I have the comp version so the fork and shock needed upgraded

mtbr member
    Xfusion 02RL comes in a 200x56 and works wonderfully.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    UPDATE
    After approaching the LBS with the fact that the shock transplanted from my 05 frame was the wrong size for the '10 frame I was given, I was told they would talk to the Mongoose supplier and see what they said.

3 days later I got a call to say they had sent a replacement shock!
    I was delighted to find that that had given me a 2010 Fox RP23 straight out of a Teocali Super.
    Even the bike shop was impressed!

I am very very happy with Mongoose service.
    I make a claim on my cracked 05 Teocali comp frame and 3 weeks later I have a 2010 Teocali Super frame complete with the Super spec shock with all bits swapped over in the shop in less than 3 hours
    Very cool

The only components left from my 05 are now the wheels, front derailuer and shifters.
    Every thing else has been upgrade or replaced.

Pin it
    Awesome to hear. I just found a crack on my 06 teocali super and was wondering about the shock. I'm planning on getting it warrantied within the week.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Here you go.
    Complete with a Fox RP23 that the dealer got for me for nothing when I mentioned that the 05 200 x 50 shock was wrong.
    It love this bike.
    SSSOOOOOOO different from the 05 Teocali comp I had for 41/2 years
    Jeffs Teocali

What?
    Nice! The 2008 and higher teocali's are much better then the first few years. Now go get it dirty!

mtbr member
    SICK!!!
    Goes to show that Mongoose is still a awesome company....... Still have the same views that Skip Hess had back in the 70's!!! I own a 2010 Khyber Super and loving it more each time I ride it.
    Now all you need is a adjustable seatpost and you'll have a awesome light AM bike....Enjoy the Freedrive system it is fun to ride
    The Official Mid-west Canfield Brothers #1 Fan and Demo fleet !!
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...psb5c701c1.jpg